- DVS Announces Schedule for 10x DVD-ROM Drive Introduction. // Information Today;Oct99, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p54
Relates the planned release of 10x DVD-ROM drives from Digital Video Systems Inc. Transfer rate compared to that of other DVD-ROM drives; Time frame for the release; Background on other models with various transfer rates.
- Philips Ships Single-Chip DVD-ROM Drive. // Computers in Libraries;Jan2000, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p20
Announces the release of the SAA7811, a single-chip solution for 12-speed (digital video disc) DVD-ROM drives from Philips Semiconductors. Support of 56x compact disc (CD-ROM) access; Other features; Speed; Performance.
- Memorex Introduces DVD-ROM Kit. // Information Today;Jun99, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p54
Reports on an announcement by Memorex of the release of the MD6032, a third-generation PC DVD-ROM drive. Description of the product; Its DVD capabilities; Other types of products that Memorex offers.
- Maxell shows media, accessories. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;01/24/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p47
Features Maxell's DVD-RAM rewritable media for use with camcorders. Capabilities; Specifications; Price.
- Sharp demos DVD-RW, replay DVR at CES. Tarr // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;01/17/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p22
Informs on demonstrations by Sharp at the 2000 Consumer Electronics Show. Replay hard disc recording device; DVD recorder based on Pioneer's DVD-RW recordable disc format; Features.
- Consumer Corner. Brown, Peter // Electronic News;11/08/99, Vol. 45 Issue 45, p32
Introduces several electronic products from various companies. Single-chip 12-speed DVD-ROM drives from Philips Semiconductors Inc.; Plan of Stream Machine Inc. to introduce an encoder/decoder targeted for digital video recording and playback products; Shipment of digital light processing...
- Digital Video Systems, Samsung Unveil high-speed DVD-ROM drives. // EMedia Professional;Dec98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p26
Focuses on two digital video disk-read only memory (DVD-ROM) drive announcements made in the United States as of December 1998. Digital Video Systems Inc.'s 5.2X DVD-ROM drive; SDR-430 from Samsung Electronics America's Storage System Division.
- Hitachi Unveils 55W" PDP, DVD Recorders. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/19/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p26
Evaluates several products from Hitachi Home Electronics. 55HDM71 high definition television plasma monitor; DV-AS70U DVD recorder; Ultra Vision Digital DZ-MV550A camcorders.
- DVD playback. // EMedia Magazine;Jul2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p22
Introduces several products for DVD technology. Moving Picture Expert Group (MPEG-2) decoder released by Fujitsu Microelectronics Europe; MGI SoftDVD MAX software from MGI Software; FireWire DVD-RAM Drive from LaCie Ltd.