New Products: Software
- QVOD works well with fast networks. Coopee, Todd // InfoWorld;03/15/99, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p64
Reviews the video-enabling software QuickVideo OnDemand (QVOD) Version 4.0 developed by InfoValue Computing Inc. Features of the software; Price of the product.
- Nimbus opens Provo plant. Pemberton, Heather // CD-ROM Professional;Feb95, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p89
Reports on Nimbus CD International's opening of a state-of-the-art compact disc (CD) manufacturing facility in Provo, Utah.
- You're not hallucinating. M.A. // Popular Science;Dec95, Vol. 247 Issue 6, p35
Looks at the holographic CDs. Comments from John Town, corporate director of Research and Development for Nimbus CD International; Nimbus' expectations.
- Movies to feature on double-density CD. Fox, Barry // New Scientist;2/6/93, Vol. 137 Issue 1859, p20
Reports that Nimbus, the British record manufacturer, recently demonstrated that it is now possible to store a full-length feature film with a stereo soundtrack on one side of a standard 12-centimeter CD. What is needed to play the film; What the conventional CD was designed for; When it...
- Nimbus trims down to beef up capacity. Renstrom, Roger // Plastics News;3/31/1997, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p5
Reports that Nimbus CD International Incorporated is consolidating operations in the western United States. Increase in its annual domestic capacity to 185-million compact discs; Comments from Lyndon J. Faulkner, president and chief executive officer; Nimbus' acquisition of an 82,...
- InfoValue client/server apps transport video over networks. Gibson, Stan // PC Week;3/4/96, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p39
Reports that Startup InfoValue Computing Inc. is shipping Quick Video Server software for Windows NT servers and microcomputer clients. Targeted applications; Components; Contact information.
- Who is DVD's One True Master? Fritz, Mark // EMedia Professional;Aug99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p38
Presents information on Digital Linear Tape (DLT), a digital media for digital video disc (DVD). Significance of DLT; How DLT was used in DVD projects replicated by Nimbus CD International, a technicolor company; Impact of DLT to DVD developers that work with DVD-ROM rather than DVD-Video.
- Carlton Communications to acquire Nimbus. Verna, Paul // Billboard;06/27/98, Vol. 110 Issue 26, p6
Discusses the merger agreement between Carlton Communications plc and Nimbus CD International. Terms of the deal, including outstanding shares offer from Carlton; Comments of Carlton Chairman Michael Green on how the acquisition complements the strength of Technicolor, Carlton's subsidiary, in...
- Nimbus invests heavily in DVD. // Computers in Libraries;Sep96, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p61
Reports that Nimbus CD International has invested toward service improvements, compact disc capacity increases, and digital video disc (DVD) manufacturing capability. Amount of investment; Explanation of DVDs.