Proposed revisions to European Copyright Laws cause a stir
- New copyright law. // Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness;Sep/Oct95 Part 2 of 2, Vol. 89 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the Copyright Act 1994 in New Zealand. Amount spent by the Royal New Zealand Foundation for the Blind on copyright fees per year; Contact information.
- Copyright bill in limbo. Rodger, Will // Inter@ctive Week;04/13/98, Vol. 5 Issue 14, p14
Provides information on the debate of legislation which outlines online companies' responsibilities for safeguarding coyprighted material online. Actions of Senate chairman, Orrin Hatch regarding the bill; Information on the bill passed by the House Judiciary Committee April 1, 1998;...
- Copyright bill nearly law. Childs, Kelvin // Editor & Publisher;10/24/98, Vol. 131 Issue 43, p10
Announces the clearance of a legislation, strengthening copyright protection and increasing penalties for piracy, in the United States Congress. Terms of the measure; Exemptions from criminal sanctions; Limits of liability.
- Crib Sheet. // Music Week;3/18/2006, Issue 11, p19
The provides information on the conditions under the new anti-piracy legislation wherein the French Parliament has set to vote. This legislation can effectively legalize file-sharing in exchange for a small fee. Under the bill, Internet users are allowed to download as much material as they want...
- Anti-Piracy Lawmakers To Push One Bill On Hill. Holland, Bill // Billboard;8/2/2003, Vol. 115 Issue 31, p5
Reports on the efforts of U.S. House lawmakers to push anti-piracy bill. Views on the provision that allows prosecutors to view the uploader of an unauthorized copyrighted file to a public network as a possible felon; Fine for infringers; Response of the lawmakers to the claim that the measure...
- Who Owns Course Materials Prepared by a Teacher or Professor? The Application of Copyright Law to Teaching Materials in the Internet Age. Holmes, Georgia; Levin, Daniel A. // Brigham Young University Education & Law Journal;2000, Issue 1, p165
Explores the issues over the ownership of copyright materials and the legal effect of the teacher for posting copyright material on the educational institution's Internet Web site. Copyright ownership under the 1976 Copyright Act; Discussion of the work for hire rule in educational contexts;...
- Doing Net business? Keep legal defenses up. Goldsborough, Reid // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);04/23/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p24
Suggests tips to avoid legal attacks on the use of Internet for business. Laws related to copyright issues; Issues related to domain names; Details about Regulations of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers.
- Back From the Future: A Proleptic Review of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Nimmer, David // Berkeley Technology Law Journal;Summer2001 Supplement 1, Vol. 16, p855
Focuses on the opinion of the author on the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. in the United States. Proposition of the Copyright Act, by the Congress; Features of the Digital Millennium Act; Distinction from several legal schemes.
- Fashion Police. Flahardy, Cathleen // InsideCounsel;Jan2011, Vol. 22 Issue 229, p12
No abstract available.