The litigation ledger
- Browser Dispute Costs Microsoft $521 Million. Deligiannis, Amalia // Corporate Legal Times;Oct2003, Vol. 13 Issue 143, p52
Reports that a federal jury has awarded Eolas Technologies Inc. and the University of California San Francisco 520.6 million dollars in a patent infringement suit against Microsoft Corp. Details of the lawsuit.
- News Headlines. // MarketWatch: Technology;November 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 11, p18
Reports developments on the information technology as of February 2004. Plans of Intec Telecom Systems PLC to acquire Digiquant; Reorganization of Plaut AG; Set-back suffered by Microsoft Corp. in its legal case with Eolas Technologies.
- the buzz. // eWeek;8/18/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 33, p20
Presents news items related to information technology (IT) as of August 18, 2003. Launch of 158 consumer products, ranging from printers to digital cameras to computers, by Hewlett-Packard Co.; Ruling given by a federal jury in the lawsuit filed by Eolas Technologies Inc. against Microsoft...
- Jury directs Microsoft to pay $70 mn to Alcatel. // Flare (Pakistan);9/15/2011, p68
The article discusses the ruling of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California which ordered Microsoft Corp. to pay 70 million dollars to Alcatel Lucent SA for infringing a patent held by Lucent Technologies.
- Digital Patents Go to Court. Robinson, Sara // Interactive Week;5/7/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 18, p11
Reports on the patent infringement lawsuit filed by InterTrust Technologies Corp. against Microsoft Corporation. Concern of companies developing dynamic random access memories if InterTrust's patents hold up; What the lawsuit asks for; Comments from Senior Analyst Aram Sinnreich about the lawsuit.
- The Mouse That Roared: Goldtouch Sues Microsoft. Spooner, John G. // PC Week;12/21/98, Vol. 15 Issue 51, p20
Informs that Goldtouch Technologies Inc. is suing Microsoft Corp. for patent infringement, fraud and theft of trade secrets involving the Goldtouch Mouse, an ergonomic personal computer (PC) mouse. The 1997 meeting between Goldtouch and Microsoft to discuss licensing Goldtouch's technology to...
- $140M patent judgment upheld. Henderson, Tom // Crain's Detroit Business;11/19/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p2
The article discusses a court case wherein the Judge Elaine Bucklo of the U.S. District Court upheld a $140 million judgment against Microsoft Corp. Microsoft was sued for patent infringement by David Colvin, a Commerce Township inventor and founder of z4Technologies Inc.
- Math Whiz Whacks Microsoft and Next May Take on Vegas. Eisler, Kim; Conconi, Chuck // Washingtonian Magazine;Jan2004, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p14
Reports on the victory of Washington patent lawyer Alan Fisch in a patent infringement case filed against Microsoft Corp. Client of Fisch in the case; Background of Fisch.
- Microsoft-Priceline Dispute. // InfoWorld;10/18/99, Vol. 21 Issue 42, p12
Reports on a lawsuit filed by Priceline.com against Microsoft and Expedia charging that Expedia's hotel-service offering infringes on a Priceline patent. Statement issued by Priceline officials regarding the meeting between Priceline co-founder Jay Walker and Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates; How...