Facts, figures, & findings
- Down to the Wire: Internal Auditing's Role in Righting Y2K Wrongs. Figg, Jonathan // Internal Auditor;Dec99, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p36
Focuses on the lessons learned by auditors from the challenge of exterminating the year 2000 date conversion (Y2K) problem and how those lessons might make the them more adept at handling probable threats. Denny Martin, Y2K consultant and project manager in Australia; Garry Richards, assistant...
- Progress report. Kappleman, Leon // Software Magazine;Mid-Apr98, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p29
Provides information on the result of the follow-up survey on the compliance of the year 2000 problem (Y2K) conducted by Social for Information Management (SIM) Year 2000 Working Group. Progress of compliance compared to 1996; Estimated cost of Y2K project. INSET: Survey advice.
- Ready or not here comes Y2K. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/06/99, Vol. 20 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the results of a survey on the level of worry among adults concerning the Year 2000 date conversion in the United States. Plan of companies to put key staff members on 24-hour call; Steps taken to prepare for Y2K.
- Americans worry about Y2K impact on tax records. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;04/05/99, Vol. 28 Issue 41, p9
Reports on the survey conducted in the United States by Roper Starch for Iomega Corp. focusing on Americans' attitudes concerning the Year 2000 (Y2K) computing problem. Americans' worry about Y2K's impact on tax records.
- What experts are saying... // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p6
Presents experts' views about the year 2000 (Y2K) computer problem. How James Crawford, a business software vendor, anticipates the Y2K; Other Y2K concerns.
- No good reasons to change. // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p23
Expresses views about the year 2000 (Y2K) computer problem. Position of other people about the Y2K; Concerns about the Y2K.
- Monitoring Y2K Readiness with Guarded Optimism. Weatherman, Mark S.; Petro, Jim // Ohio CPA Journal;Jul-Sep99, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p57
While the future looks bright, there are no Y2K guarantees. We've all heard numerous reports recently that, at least in America, the Year 2000 problem should pose little more than a speed bump to life as we know it.I tend to agree there shouldn't be major issues, but I also realize we have never...
- The Bunker Millennium. Shiflett, Dave // American Spectator;Dec99/Jan2000, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p26
Assesses the public reactions on the year 2000 date conversion (Y2K) problem in the United States. Political aspect of the Y2K; Emergency preparedness for Y2K effects; Psychological aspects of the Y2K effects.
- Fear of the Unknown. Hyman, Richard // Electronic News;05/31/99, Vol. 45 Issue 22, p32
Looks at the the compliance status of companies for the Year 2000 (Y2K) computer glitch. Remarks from Howard A. Rubin, chairman of the Department of Computer Sciences at Hunter College in New York; Opinion on the effect of Y2K to the electronics industry.