Transient Stress-Induced Cardiomyopathy With an "Inverted Takotsubo" Contractile Pattern
- Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy and Canalith Repositioning Procedure for Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo. Karatayli-Ozgursoy, Selmin; Lundy, Larry B.; Zapala, David A.; Oken, Keith R. // Journal of the American Academy of Audiology;Feb2010, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p73
Background: Takotsubo cardiomyopathy, also known as left ventricular apical ballooning syndrome, ampulla cardiomyopathy, or transient left ventricular dysfunction is characterized by chest pain, electrocardiographic changes, transient left ventricular apical aneurysm, and normal coronary...
- Marked Regression of Left Ventricular Hypertrophy after Outflow Desobliteration in HOCM. Dimitriadis, Zisis; Buuren, Frank van; Bogunovic, Nikola; Horstkotte, Dieter; Faber, Lothar // Case Reports in Medicine;2012, p1
We present an HOCM patient in whom marked regression of left ventricular hypertrophy occurred within two years following outflow desobliteration by percutaneous septal ablation. Maximum wall thickness (initially documented by both echo and MRI) decreased from 34 mm to 22 mm (followup by echo...
- Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging in the Diagnosis of Anterolateral Left Ventricular Ballooning, a Variant of Classic Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy. Zbinden, R.; Mutter, M.; Weishaupt, D. // Case Reports in Cardiology;2012, p1
Transient left ventricular apical ballooning syndrome is characterized by transient akinesis of the left ventricular apex with basal wall hyperkinesis; this is also known as Takotsubo cardiomyopathy. There are three distinct contractile LV patterns described in the literature: apical,...
- Left Ventricular Rupture Associated With Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy. Akashi, Yoshihiro J.; Tejima, Tamotsu; Sakurada, Harumizu; Matsuda, Hisao; Suzuki, Kengo; Kawasaki, Kensuke; Tsuchiya, Katsuhiko; Hashimoto, Nobuyuki; Musha, Haruki; Sakakibara, Masayoshi; Nakazawa, Kiyoshi; Miyake, Fumihiko // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;Jun2004, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p821
A 70-year-old woman was admitted to the hospital with chest discomfort after quarreling with her neighbors. Electrocardiography revealed ST-segment elevation in leads I, II, III, aVL, aVF, and V2 through V6. Coronary angiography demonstrated normal arteries, but left ventriculography showed...
- Cardiac MRI documented left ventricular thrombus complicating acute takotsubo syndrome: an uncommon dilemma. Veerpal Singh; Tom Mayer; John Salanitri; Michael Salinger // International Journal of Cardiovascular Imaging;Oct2007, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p591
AbstractÂ Â Transient left ventricular apical hypokinesis results in a typical ampullary shape and has been described as Takotsubo cardiomyopathy (TCM). We report a case of TCM with the rare complication of left ventricular thrombus formation. Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging aided the...
- Left ventricle restoration in end stage ischemic dilated cardiomyopathy. Jonjev, Z. // Journal of Cardiothoracic Surgery;2013, Vol. 8 Issue Suppl 1, p1
An abstract of the article "Left ventricle restoration in end stage ischemic dilated cardiomyopathy" by Z. Jonjev is presented.
- 298 Left Ventricular Rotation In Dilated Cardiomyopathy Patients As Evaluated By 2D-Strain Echocardiography Patrianakos, A.; Parthenakis, F.I.; Foukarakis, E.; Karalis, J.; Lyrarakis, G.; Kafarakis, P.; Nyktari, E.; Vardas, P.E. // European Journal of Echocardiography;Dec2006 Supplement 1, Vol. 7, pS38
An abstract of the article "Left Ventricular Rotation In Dilated Cardiomyopathy Patients As Evaluated By 2D-Strain Echocardiography," by A. Patrianakos and colleagues is presented.
- 635 Regional left ventricular systolic function in dilated cardiomyopathy: A real-time three dimensional echocardiographic study Soliman, O.I.I.; Geleijnse, M.L.; Anwar, A.M.; Nemes, A.; Vletter, W.B.; Ten Cate, F.J. // European Journal of Echocardiography;Dec2006 Supplement 1, Vol. 7, pS97
An abstract of the article "Regional left ventricular systolic function in dilated cardiomyopathy: A real-time three dimensional echocardiographic study," by M. L. Geleijnse is presented.
- 640 Evaluation of mechanical dyssynchrony in dilated cardiomyopathy: idiopathic versus noncompaction of left ventricle Moshkani Farahani, M.; Esmaeil Zadeh, M.; Bagher Zadeh, A.; Ojaghi, Z.; Sadeghpour, A.; Samiei, N. // European Journal of Echocardiography;Dec2006 Supplement 1, Vol. 7, pS99
An abstract of the article "Evaluation of mechanical dyssynchrony in dilated cardiomyopathy: idiopathic versus noncompaction of left ventricle," by M. Moshkani Farahani.