Late Referral of Patients With Chronic Kidney Disease: No Time to Waste
- Stepwise Increases in Left Ventricular Mass Index and Decreases in Left Ventricular Ejection Fraction Correspond with the Stages of Chronic Kidney Disease in Diabetes Patients. Szu-Chia Chen; Jer-Ming Chang; Wan-Chun Liu; Yi-Chun Tsai; Jer-Chia Tsai; Ho-Ming Su; Shang-Jyh Hwang; Hung-Chun Chen // Experimental Diabetes Research;2012, Special section p1
Aims. Patients with diabetic nephropathy are reported to have a high prevalence of left ventricular structural and functional abnormalities. This study was designed to assess the determinants of left ventricular mass index (LVMI) and left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF) in diabetic patients...
- Outpatient nephrologic care resulted in fewer deaths in patients with diabetes and CKD. Meyers, Catherine M. // Endocrine Today;4/25/2008, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p24
The article discusses research on nephrologic care for patients with diabetes chronic kidney disease (CKD). It references a study by Tseng et al published in a 2008 issue of the "Archives of Internal Medicine." According to the study, mortality in patients given consistent outpatient nephrologic...
- Type II diabetes is the main cause of kidney failure in blacks, type I in whites. // Modern Medicine;Mar95, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p32
Presents an abstract of the article `End-stage Renal Disease Attributable to Diabetes Mellitus,' by T.V. Perneger, F.L. Brancati, et al dated December 15, 1994.
- Diabetic patients at risk of nephropathy. Tomlinson, Stewart // GP: General Practitioner;6/3/2002, p66
Focuses on the nephropathic risk of diabetic patients. Clinical evidence of nephropathy; Determination of risk factors; Definitions of microalbuminuria and proteinuria.
- Diabetes Mellitus and the Kidneys. Kumar, Jayant; Young, Jeffry H. // Exceptional Parent;Oct99, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p84
Discusses how diabetes mellitus affects the kidneys. Types of diabetes mellitus; Stages of kidney involvement; Risk factors for diabetic renal disease; Treatment strategies for different stages of renal disease.
- End-stage renal failure increasing in patients with diabetes. // British Journal of Hospital Medicine (17508460);Jul2010, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p369
The article reports on data from the National Diabetes Audit Executive Summary 2008-2009 which showed an increase in the incidence of end-stage renal failure in patients with diabetes.
- Frozen Samples Provide Fresh Insight. Resnick, Helaine E. // Diabetes;Jan2015, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p2
An introduction is presented in which the author discusses an article published in the issue about the role of advanced glycation end products (AGEs) in the diabetes complications based on frozen samples from the Diabetes Control and Complications Trial (DCCT).
- Metformin use in chronic kidney disease: new evidence to guide dosing. Herrington, W.G.; Nye, H.J.; Aung, T. // QJM: An International Journal of Medicine;Nov2013, Vol. 106 Issue 11, p1059
No abstract available.
- Incidence of End-Stage Renal Disease Attributed to Diabetes Among Persons With Diagnosed Diabetes-- United States and Puerto Rico, 1996-2007. Burrows, N. R.; Hora, I.; Cho, P.; Gerzoff, R. B.; Geiss, L. S. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;12/22/2010, Vol. 304 Issue 24, p2688
The article discusses the analysis conducted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on the prevalence of end-stage renal disease (ESRD) among individuals with diagnosed diabetes in the U.S. and Puerto Rico from 1996 to 2007. Data analyzed were from the U.S. Renal Data...