A Multicenter Study of Burnout, Depression, and Quality of Life in Minority and Nonminority US Medical Students
- Minority project a bust. // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Jan2000, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p12
Reports on the number of medical school applications from minorities in the United States in 1999. Report from the Association of American Medical Colleges; Health science programs of medical schools.
- Debunking Myths About Applying to Medical School Could Help Attract More Hispanics. Gilroy, Marilyn // Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education Magazine;1/9/2012, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p28
The article suggests that debunking myths about applying to medical schools could help attract more Hispanics and other minorities. Data shows the rising number of minorities enrolling in medical schools in 2009-11. Common myths about the medical admissions process are discussed including the...
- Providing Shelter From the Storm. Anyaso, Hilary Hurd // Diverse: Issues in Higher Education;10/6/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p4
Introduces a series of articles on the issues and trends affecting minority college students in the U.S.
- Minority Enrollment Declines in California Medical Schools. // Public Health Reports;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 114 Issue 5, p395
Reports on a study which found significant reductions in applications and admissions of members of under-represented minority groups in California medical schools from 1990 to 1998. Statistical findings of the study; Reasons behind the decline; Implication of this trend.
- Diversity initiatives in higher education waning. Townes, Glenn // New York Amsterdam News;4/26/2007, Vol. 98 Issue 18, p32
The article discusses how minority-based scholarships and affirmative action programs are being discouraged in the U.S. It has been noticed that due to challenges faced by minority-based scholarships, several schools and colleges have reduced the intake of African-American students. Victor...
- 'Crisis' in Minority Enrollment Focus Of College Group. . Rothman, Robert // Education Week;5/20/1987, Vol. 6 Issue 34, p6
The article reports on the agreement of the board of directors of the American Council on Education to issue a statement stressing the crisis in minority enrollment in colleges in the U.S. and a handbook to assist administrators deal with it. Reginald Wilson, director of the office of minority...
- Minority Enrollment Lags In Race-neutral Washington. // Diverse: Issues in Higher Education;9/21/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p17
The article reports on the drop in minority enrollment at colleges and universities in Washington state after voters passed an initiative outlawing racial preferences in admissions. Black, Hispanic and American Indian students are less likely to go from high school to college, and more likely to...
- Learning from Minority-Serving Institutions. CONRAD, CLIFTON // Diverse: Issues in Higher Education;9/25/2014, Vol. 31 Issue 17, p23
The author comments on minority-serving institutions (MSIs). The author narrates his experience of completing a three-year study of student success at MSIs to highlight the role of these institutions in creating equal opportunity for all students. He stresses the importance of understanding...
- Diverse City. Boulard, Gary // Black Issues in Higher Education;9/25/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 16, p28
Highlights the diversity of students in community colleges in the U.S. as of 2000. Factor which contributed to the increase in minority-student registration in community colleges; Comparison of the number of minority students in community colleges and four-year institutions in the country in...