- Methanol. // ICIS Chemical Business;5/21/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 18, Special section p34
The article presents a profile of the chemical methanol and its derivatives formaldehyde, methyl tertiary butyl ether (MTBE), and acetic acid. Topics include methanol supply and demand in the U.S., methanol prices, and forecasting for the methanol industry in the U.S. in light of opposition to...
- Global acetic acid demand is forecast to grow at 3 - 4% per year. // Chemical Business;Aug2010, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p76
The article reports on the projected rise in global demand for acetic acid. According to the article, acetic acid is one of the three derivatives of methanol which also include methyl tertiary and formaldehyde. Some applications for acetic acid are in the production of cellulose acetate,...
- Methanol high on tight supply. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;2/13/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 6, p35
The article reports on the tight global supply of methanol for 2006. Despite the production of 1.65 million/year of methanol by a unit in Assaluyeh, Iran, the supply is expected to be still low. The European market is adjusting to the announced closure of the plants of Methanor in Delfzijl, the...
- Methanol. YEO, ROSS; BURRIDGE, ELAINE // ICIS Chemical Business;6/25/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 23, p42
The article discusses the chemical methanol including its uses, production outlook, and associated technology. Graphs are presented that discuss the spot and contract prices of European methanol between January 2010 and June 2012, and the methanol production capacity of European companies as of...
- MTBE prices lurch from high to low. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;9/19/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2163, p12
This article reports on the decline in the prices of European methyl tertiary butyl ether in September 2005. Values have fallen by around $340 per ton since the start of the month. Supplies remain snug, exacerbated by heightened demand as molecules are shipped to the U.S. Gulf Coast where prices...
- Methanol Market Remains Tight but on Scarce Activity. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;8/19/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 6, p8
Reports the demand for methanol products. Increase in the demand for methyl tertiary butyl ether; Price rates for methanol products; Decrease in the supply of methanol.
- MTBE. // European Chemical News;1/27/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2037, p16
Reports the marketing performance of methyl tertiary-butyl ether (MTBE) in the U.S. Usage of MTBE; Supply and demand; Price specification.
- Petrochemicals: Market Briefs. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/13/99, Vol. 256 Issue 24, p16
Presents news briefs on the petrochemicals market as of December 13, 1999. Celanese Chemicals to raise its prices for acetic acid; November 1999 decline of spot prices for methyl tertiary butyl ether; Union Carbide to increase its prices for all propionic acid grades.
- The Methanol Market Faces a Mixed Outlook. Hoffman, John // Chemical Market Reporter;6/11/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 24, p1
Provides an outlook for the methanol market in 2001. Impact of the cost of natural gas on methanol prices; Increase in demand for methyl tertiary butyl ether (MTBE); Lawsuits filed by the Oxygenated Fuels Association to stop California and New York from banning MTBE and oxygenate.