Companies club together
- BUSINESS. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;3/7/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2137, p6
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of March 2005. Significance of the recognition of BASF as a leading chemical company in Europe by the magazine "Fortune"; Percentage of corporate tax reductions proposed by the National Association of Manufacturers to spur economic growth in the...
- Focusing for Success. Hunter, David // Chemical Week;11/26/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 43, p5
Compares the ranking of chemical companies in the Billion-Dollar Club published by "Chemical Week" in 1995 and 2003. Prediction for the industry in 1995; Top companies that emerged in the specialty chemicals industry; Importance of new producers in the industry.
- BASF to Buy Degussa's Construction Chemicals Business. // China Chemical Reporter;3/16/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p7
The article reports on BASF's intention of acquiring Degussa AG's construction chemicals business in Asia for 2.7 billion euro. The acquisition will give BASF rapid access to additional industrial customers and end-users and will allow it to tap into the growth potential of the construction...
- BASF Confirms Talks on Russian JV with Gazprom. // Chemical Week;8/30/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 29, p15
This article states that BASF is considering a number of options to expand its production activities in Russia. The company declined to elaborate on reports that it will build a chemical plant there, but says that one possibility might be an extension of its long-term partnership with Gazprom...
- BASF Buys Huntsman's TDI Business. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;7/13/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 23, p16
Reports on the acquisition of Huntsman's toluene diisocynates business by Badische Anilin und Soda-Fabrik AG. Details on the deal; Plans of the BASF for the acquired business.
- petrochemicals In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;4/1/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 13, p8
Presents news briefs on chemical firms in Europe as of April 1, 2002. BTX; Eastman Chemical Co.; BASF AG.
- BASF Posts Healthy Second Quarter Results. // Chemical Market Reporter;8/9/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the financial results posted by BASF for the second quarter of 2004. Increase in sales by 13 percent; Performance of some of the company's businesses.
- Degussa Completes Sale of Construction Chemicals Activities to BASF. // Products Finishing;Sep2006, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p18
The article reports on the sale of Degussa AG's Construction Chemicals activities to BASF AG. Degussa has developed its Construction Chemicals activities to form the leading company in the industry worldwide. The article cites the reasons why the Degussa management board decided to sell the...
- Specialty Chemicals. Walsh, Kerri; Phillips, Kate // Chemical Week;6/9/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 18, p25
The article focuses on the specialty chemical sector of the chemical industry. Chemical specialties has in recent years largely been the domain of pure-play companies, but it is now attracting producers that had been focused on the upswing in the basic chemical sector during that time. But...