Pair join for biofuel push
- Diversa Focuses Alliance With Syngenta on Biofuels. Bryner, Michelle // Chemical Week;1/17/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 2, p24
The article reports on a 10-year research and development agreement signed by Diversa with Syngenta to develop enzymes to convert bagasse, a cellulosic biomass, into mixed sugars. Diversa is also looking into investing in bioethanol production outside of the Syngenta deal. Terms of the deal are...
- Syngenta and Diversa Broaden Research Pact. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/9/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 21, p3
Reports the research and development alliance of Syngenta and Diversa. Discovery and development of microbial-based products; Transfer of Syngenta of its gene sequencing program; Reduction of manufacturing costs and added long-term revenue potential.
- Syngenta Signs Deal with Diversa; Targets Drugs from Plants. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;12/11/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 48, p13
Presents information on the research and product development deal between chemical companies Syngenta and Diversa in the U.S. Terms of the agreement; Benefit of the deal for Diversa; Background on the license agreement between the two companies.
- NUFFIELD BIOETHICS COUNCIL LOOKS AT ADVANCED BIOFUELS. // ENDS (Environmental Data Services);Jan2010, Issue 420, p16
The article reports on the plan of the Nuffield Council on Bioethics to observe and study the environmental and ethical impacts of second-generation biofuels in 2010.
- ADVANCED BIOMASS FUEL CHARACTERIZATION BASED ON TESTS WITH A SPECIALLY DESIGNED LAB-SCALE REACTOR. BRUNNER, T. // Biomass Bulletin;2014, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p40
An abstract of the article "Advanced Biomass Fuel Characterization Based on Tests with a Specially Designed Lab-Scale Reactor" by T. Brunner and others is presented.
- GROWING ENERGY. Halkett, John // Inwood;Sep/Oct2007, Issue 76, p42
The article focuses on the biomass energy initiatives in Australasia. A collaborative arrangement between Scion, AgResearch and Diverse Corp. is strengthening biomass energy initiatives in New Zealand. The Bioenergy Knowledge Centre was established to provide tools and information on using wood...
- innovation. // Chemical Week;1/21/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 2, p35
Presents news briefs related to chemical research as of January 21, 2004. Synthesis of a hydrogen clathrate hydrate by scientists from the University of Chicago in Illinois; Details on the payments received by Diversa in 2003 under its agreements with Syngenta; Development of a circular organic...
- General Wesley Clark speaks at Syngenta in support of biofuels industry. Greener, Jon // Farm Industry News Exclusive Insight;3/26/2012, p1
The article reports on the message delivered by retired U.S. General Wesley Clark at Syngenta regional headquarters in Minnetonka, Minnesota on March 21, 2012 in support of the biofuels industry.
- GM crop cultivation surges, but novel traits languish. Peng, Wayne // Nature Biotechnology;Apr2011, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p302
The article presents the status of transgenic crops cultivation. It notes that the U.S. approved Syngenta's E3272 maize line designed to facilitate biofuel production with a mutant alpha-amylase transgene. It indicates the expansion of food and feed uses of existing transgenic crops in Brazil,...