- Vopack Buys South American Terminals. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;7/16/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 25, p6
Reports on the agreement of chemical company Vopak to acquire Brenntag's South American terminal assets for an undisclosed sum. Terms of the deal; Significance of the acquisition to Vopak; Plan of Brenntag on the proceeds of the acquisition.
- Distribution. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;5/10/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 16, p25
The article reports on the growth of chemical distributors in Central and Eastern Europe as of May 10, 2006. Distributors are seizing the opportunity to serve existing customers in sectors that have established manufacturing operations in the region. Brenntag catapulted itself to the number-one...
- Distributors revolutionized as private equity builds out. Fermont, Marc; Boswell, Clay // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;9/4/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 8, p31
The article focuses on the participation of distributors owned by private equity firms in acquisitions in the chemical distribution industry in the U.S. and Europe. JAM Distribution, Quadra USA and LA Chemicals are among the companies acquired by Brenntag in the U.S. in the last 12 months....
- Brenntag buys Albion and Schweizerhall Chemie. Sinclair, Neil // Chemical Market Reporter;6/5/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 22, p14
The article reports on the acquisition of British largest independent distributor Albion Chemicals Group and Swiss trading and distribution firm Schweizerhall Chemie by Brenntag, a global leader in the distribution of chemicals. With the acquisition of the two companies, Brenntag achieves a...
- Brenntag Buys Midwest Distributor. // Chemical Week;4/4/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 12, p4
The article reports on the acquisition of Indianapolis, Indiana-based Ulrich Chemical Co. by Brenntag Co. Brenntag says it has acquired Ulrich Chemical (Indianapolis), an $83.6-million/year chemical distributor serving the cosmetics, food and beverage, municipal water and wastewater, paints and...
- Brenntag Makes Major Acquisitions in the U.K. and Switzerland. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;5/31/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 19, p21
The article reports that Brenntag made two acquisitions that will boost its leadership in chemical distribution in Europe. The company has agreed to acquire Albion Chemicals, the second-biggest distributor of industrial and specialty chemicals in Great Britain and Ireland. In addition, the...
- Brenntag gets pole position in France. // Chemical Week;8/17/1994, Vol. 155 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the supremacy of Brenntag in France. Benefits of the Orchidis acquisition for Brenntag; Significance of the deal.
- news briefs. // Chemical Week;5/19/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 17, p6
Presents news briefs on the petroleum chemicals industry as of May 2004. Retirement of CEO Pierre Choquette at Methanex; Acquisition of polyolefins distributor Orlen Polimer by Brenntag; Purchase of Exir Chemie Terminal by Oiltanking and Odfjell; Construction of a high-density polyethylene...
- Brenntag Shifts Up a Gear. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;8/16/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 31, p50
Provides information on Brenntag chemical company. Financial performance of the company; Comments from the company's chairman, Rients Visser; Expansion plans of the company.