Consortium lands Thai deal
- Linde replaces Shaw for Egypt complex. MIRZA, ADAL // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/14/2012, Vol. 56 Issue 37, p9
The article reports a consortium of firms including German company Linde replaced Shaw Group engineering firm on two contracts in Egypt that cover lead engineering, procurement and construction (EPC), and technology provision for the Tahrir Petrochemicals complex and mentions Carbon Holdings,...
- Shaw wins AEP pulverised coal plant. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Jun2007, Issue 792, p14
The article reports that SHAW Group has been awarded with a $700 million engineering, procurement and construction contract to establish a 600 megawatt power plant for American Electric Power (AEP) in Fulton, Arkansas. AEP aims to finish the power plant project which costs $1.3 billion in 2011....
- Saudi Megaproject Awards Progress. Uysal, Ann // ENR: Engineering News-Record;12/19/2011, Vol. 267 Issue 18, p16
The article reports on the construction of a petrochemical complex scheduled to begin in 2012 in Jubail, Saudi Arabia through a capital investment joint venture between chemical companies Dow Chemical Co. and Saudi Aramco. Engineering, procurement and construction contracts (EPC) were awarded to...
- SABIC progresses MMA proposal. // ICIS Chemical Business;4/14/2014, Vol. 285 Issue 15, Special Section p5
The article reports that petroleum chemicals industry firm Saudi Basic Industries Corp. (SABIC) has received four bids from construction industry firms to construct two plants to produce petroleum chemicals methyl methacrylate monomer and polymethyl methacrylate.
- NEW JERSEY. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;4/23/2007, Vol. 258 Issue 15, p53
The article reports that PSEG Fossil LLC has awarded an engineering, procurement and construction contract to Shaw Group Inc. to install mercury control and flue gas desulphurization systems for Units 1 and 2 at its Mercer Generating Station located near Trenton, New Jersey. The new emissions...
- VIRGINIA. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/14/2007, Vol. 258 Issue 18, p63
The article reports on an engineering, procurement and construction contract awarded to The Shaw Group Inc. by Dominion for an electricity generating plant in southwest Virginia in 2007. The plant will incorporate clean-coal technologies and two circulating fluidized-bed boilers supplying steam...
- Construction Week. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;1/12/2009, Vol. 262 Issue 2, p9
This section offers news briefs on the construction industry in the U.S. The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) has announced on January 6, 2009 that it pulled the plug on the estimated $200-billion Trans-Texas Corridor. It is reported that states must certify that their building codes...
- Ethylene XXI contract goes to Odebrecht consortium. // Chemical Week;10/1/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 25, p4
The article reports on the awarding of an engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) contract for the Ethylene XXI joint venture Braskem Idesa petrochemical complex in Coatzacoalcos, Mexico to a consortium including Odebrecht, Technip and ICA Fluor.
- Carbon Holdings set to sign Tahrir EPC deals. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;12/2/2015 Supplement Egypt Construction Report, p4
The article reports plans of Carbon Holdings to sign the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contract for its Tahrir petrochemicals complex in Sokhna, Egypt.