DPT licenses its technology for Saudi n-butanol project
- Fluor nabs $2.2bn Saudi project. Lohan, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;12/4/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 20, p16
The article reports on an engineering and construction work received by Fluor on the utilities and off-site facilities of a petroleum chemical complex in Al-Jubail, Saudi Arabia. The project is expected to be completed by December 2009. It presents information on the features of the planned complex.
- Sabic and Sipchem Sign Tolling Deal To Supply Planned Sipchem Complex. // Chemical Week;5/18/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 14, p19
The article reports on a toll manufacturing agreement between Sabic and Saudi International Petrochemical Co. (Sipchem) under which the latter will construct nine petrochemical plants in Al-Jubail, Saudi Arabia. Also included in the agreement is that olefins will be produced and supplied by...
- JGC bid scoops styrene contract. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;6/14/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 449, p21
Reports on the construction contract awarded to the JGC company by Jubail Chevron Phillips (JCP). Information on the JCP's styrene project in Al-Jubail, Saudi Arabia.
- Chinese Firm Licenses Acrylic Acid Technology for Saudi Plant. // Chemical Week;11/14/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 37, p17
The article reports on the decision of Shanghai Huayi Group to license its acrylic acid technology for a previously announced 200,000-m.t./year plant at Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia. The plant is being built by Dammam 7 Petrochemical Ltd. According to Huayi, it may also be awarded an engineering,...
- Innovene Plans $2-Billion Petchem Complex in Saudi Arabia. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;6/15/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 20, p8
Reports on the plan of Innovene and Delta International to build a petrochemical complex at Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia by 2008. Cost of the project; Projected capacity of the plant; Background on the companies.
- Kayan Awards Contract to Chinese Firm. // Chemical Week;5/9/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 16, p7
The article reports that Saudi Kayan, a Sabic affiliate, says it has awarded a contract to Huanqiu Contracting & Engineering Corp. to construct a high-density polyethylene (HDPE) plant at Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia. The plant will use Basell's Hostalen technology and be one of two HDPE units in a...
- World's Largest DRI Plant Starts at Hadeed. // Metal Producing & Processing;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p25
The article reports that Siemens Metals Technologies has carried out the world's largest direct reduction iron (DRI) plant successfully in Al-Jubail for Saudi Iron & Steel Company (Hadeed). According to the author, a shaft furnace with an inner diameter of 7.0 meters has been included in the...
- Tianjin Soda picks Davy/Dow. Jagger, Anna // ICIS Chemical Business;3/19/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 58, p38
The article presents news briefs on the chemical industry in China. Chinese soda ash producer Tianjin Soda Plant has selected LP Oxo Selector 10 technology from Davy Process Technology and Dow for use in an oxo alcohols project. The plant is expected to produce 250,000 tonnes/year of...
- Davy hydrotreating concept. EC // Chemical Week;11/17/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 19, p14
Reports on Davy Process Technology's (DPT) hydrodesulfurization concept for refinery streams. Retrofitting of existing units; DPT's investment to build a pilot plant to test advances in hydrotreating concepts.