CORN SHORTAGE FUELS US RETHINK
- NCGA joins coalition to stress importance of crop insurance. // Delta Farm Press Exclusive Insight;3/13/2013, p9
The article focuses on the decision of the National Corn Growers Association (NCGA) to join other groups in sending a letter to members of the U.S. House of Representatives and Senate Agricultural Committees on March 13, 2013 in support of meaningful and affordable crop insurance. The letter...
- Support "Stop and Study" bills. // ABA Banking Journal;Apr2011, Vol. 103 Issue 4, p47
The article presents an invitation to support the bipartisan House and Senate bills in the U.S. that would give agencies the time to study the impact of regulating debit interchange transaction fees.
- Rural Concerns and the National Policy Environment. Jahr, Dale // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Dec88, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p1078
No abstract available.
- Action Taken by Congress. // Congressional Digest;Jun/Jul30, Vol. 9 Issue 6/7, p181
Presents a daily summary of the proceedings of the U.S. House and Congress from April 18, 1930 to June 14, 1930. Resolutions; Bills; Hearings.
- Yeas & nays. // Insight on the News;07/27/98, Vol. 14 Issue 27, p48
Presents information on legislations in the United States House and Senate. Details on a vote in the Senate on an amendment to tobacco legislation which will eliminate the marriage-tax penalty; Rejection of a constitutional amendment which would guarantee an individual's right to prey on public...
- Recent action in the Congress. // Congressional Digest;Feb2000, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p34
Presents the proposed bills filed in the United States House of Representatives and Senate from September 1999 through November 1999. Includes Organ Donor Leave Act; Campaign Finance Reform; Civil Aviation Research and Development; National Monument Compliance; Health Research and Quality Act;...
- Legislative Background. // Congressional Digest;May2009, Vol. 88 Issue 5, p139
No abstract available.
- Ethics law kills D.C. auto dinner. Frame, Phil // Automotive News;3/25/1996, Vol. 70 Issue 5651, p1
Reports that rules governing the United States Senate and House, which were passed on January 1st, 1996, limit the freedom of members of the Senate and House. What the rules stipulate; Impact of this upon the annual Association of International Automobile Manufacturers (AIAM) dinner; Comments...
- True believers. // National Journal;3/07/98 Supplement Annual Congress, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p7
Provides information on how the composite scores of lawmakers in the United States (US) were calculated in the US House and US Senate roll-call voting. Ways of determining a member's liberal scores.