Huntsman completes polyester resins sale
- HEXION TRUMPS BASELL IN HUNTSMAN TAKEOVER EFFORT. // Composites Technology;Aug2007, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p20
The article reports on the plan of resin manufacturer Hexion Specialty Chemicals Inc. to acquire Huntsman Corp. Hexion thwarted the bid of Basell Holdings BV. The merger will create one of the largest resin producers, with Hexon being the largest supplier of thermoset resins in the world. The...
- Hexion Specialty Chemicals, Inc. // Borden Chemical, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Jul2008, p1
A company profile of Hexion Specialty Chemicals Inc., which is a producer of thermosetting resins, is presented. An overview of the company is given, along with key facts including contact information, number of employees and revenues. A SWOT analysis is provided which includes strengths,...
- Rise demand to lift Braskem. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;8/14/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 31, p14
The article provides information on the financial performance of Brazilian thermoplastic resins major Braskem for the second quarter of 2006. Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization fell 57% to Real 253 million, despite growth in the Brazilian thermoplastic resins market....
- More resin capacity. // Plastics Technology;Apr96, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p95
Lists four suppliers that announced capacity expansions in various synthetic resins. Includes Exxon Chemical Co.; Imperial Oil; AT Plastics Inc.; Wellman Inc.
- PET demand holds up, but prices head south. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;10/9/96, Vol. 158 Issue 38, p9
Looks at trends in the polyethylene terephthalate (PET) resin market in the United States. Decline in prices; Increase in demand; Increase in capacity; Bright prospects for long-term fundamentals in the PET market.
- More PP, PE, PS capacity on the way. // Plastics Technology;Feb95, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p77
Reports on the capacity expansion plans of major resin suppliers in the United States. Fina Oil & Chemical Co.'s plan to increase PS capacity; Solvay Polymers Inc.'s plan to build new polypropylene (PP) line; Chevron Chemical Co.'s polyethylene (PE) expansion.
- Focusing on improved formulation. R.M. // Chemical Week;10/11/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 13, p36
Focuses on the resins industry in the United States in 1995. Slowdown in the industry in the second quarter due to increases in prices of raw materials resulting to early buying and inventory adjustments by paint makers; Growth in the epoxy resin segment; Main trends in resin production...
- Plastics resins sales, production showing healthy increase for 1997. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/15/97, Vol. 252 Issue 24, p17
Reports on the strong performance of the plastics resins market in 1997. Increase in production; Increase in sales volume; Increase in market penetration.
- High-performance resins gain speed. D'Amico, Esther // Chemical Week;10/23/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 40, p38
Focuses on the projected growth of the resins market by the year 2000 as formulators move to higher performing and more environmentally friendly paint systems. Increase in raw material costs; Tight capacities for acrylic acid, epichlorohydrin and bisphenol A; Impact of the downward...