CNOOC joins in with biodiesel project
- The Green Economics in PT Sinar Mas Agro Resources and Technology Tbk (PT SMART Tbk.). Haekal, Muhammad Hakim; Pramudita, Muhammad Eka // International Journal of Trade, Economics & Finance;Feb2013, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p14
Oil palm (Elaeis sp.) is an important industrial plant producing cooking oil (palm oil), the oil industry, as well as fuel (biodiesel), and others. Plantations make a huge profit so many old plantation forest and converted into oil palm plantations in Indonesia. In 2012 Indonesia was the first...
- CNOOC Oil Base to Build Bio-diesel Base. // China Chemical Reporter;9/26/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p9
The article reports on the agreement between CNOOC Oil Base Group Ltd., a subsidiary of China National Offshore Oil Corp., and Panzhihua Municipal Government of Sichuan province in China. As defined in the agreement, both parties will develop jathropa forest with the planting land are of 33,000...
- A Golden Time for Bioenergy Business in China. // China Chemical Reporter;9/6/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p10
The article focuses on the trends of the bioenergy industry in 2010 in China. It cites the establishment of research units for biodiesel of state-owned firms such as Sinopec Group, China National Petroleum Corp. (CNPC), and China National Offshore Oil Corp. It states the policies issued by the...
- China's biodiesel need is predicted to go sky-high. Cheok Soh Hui // ICIS Chemical Business;3/19/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 58, p12
The article predicts that Chinese demand for biodiesel is expected to grow at 122% annually from 2005-2010, according to analysts, while global demand is expected to jump to 619 million tons in 2010 from 36 million tons in 2006. A number of companies in China are investing in biodiesel plants...
- CNOOC gears up. Hariharan, Malini // Asian Chemical News;4/5/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 440, p14
Focuses on the effort of China National Offshore Oil Co. to develop its downstream assets. Joint venture between the company and Shell Petrochemical; Capacity of the company's ammonia-urea units; Increase in capital expenditure on oil exploration in 2003.
- High prices prompt Malaysian move to palm. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/3/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 11, p14
Reports on the government's plan to build three palm oil biodiesel plants in Malaysia. Aim to help reduce the country's dependence on petroleum; Capacity of each plant per year; Budget for the construction of the plants.
- CNOOC plans development of Beibu Gulf field. Delmar, Robert J. // Offshore;Nov2000, Vol. 60 Issue 11, p18
Reports the plans of China National Offshore Oil Corp. to develop a gas field by September 2004. Overview of the project.
- Uganda, France's Total and China's CNOOC have agreed to build a small oil refinery. // African Business News;4/15/2013, p25
The article reports on the agreement of Uganda, France's Total and China's China National Offshore Oil Corp. to build a small oil refinery, with an initial processing capacity of 30,000 barrels per day, in the east African country.
- China: Big reserves, even bigger investments. Delmar, Robert J. // Offshore;Mar2000, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p16
Reports on the oil discovery by China National Offshore Oil and Phillips company in Penglai offshore oil field. Estimated reserves; Success of appraisal wells; Commitment of China in turning back the country into an oil province.