OTHER ARTICLES NOTED
- New England Journal of Medicine. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;3/21/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article presents information on a study published in March 15, 2012 issues of the periodical "New England Journal of Medicine," related to the gene mutation associated with the higher doses of chemotherapy and survival rate of leukemia patients.
- Our Raison d'Etre. // People's Medical Society Newsletter;Apr99, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p1
Focuses on the article that appeared on the `New England Journal of Medicine' describing the health care system in the United States. Health care expenditures according to John K. Iglehart; How much the nation spent per person on health care in 1997; Reasons health care in the country is...
- Leading medical journal calls for global budget. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;7/5/93, Vol. 67 Issue 13, p11
Reports on an editorial in the June 17, 1993 issue of `New England Journal of Medicine' that called on the government to place health care under a global budget. Periodical's Executive Editor Marcia Angell's advocacy for a Canadian-style single-payer system.
- Cutting Words. // Time;3/4/1966, Vol. 87 Issue 9, p60
The article features Dr. Lois DeBakey of the "New England Journal of Medicine." It states that as a surgeon of language, she advises medical writers to concentrate on cutting out the "learned" words and using the simple substitutes. Medical word choices include agrypnia or insomnia, cephalalgia...
- Hear the heart, heal the patient. Comarow, Avery // U.S. News & World Report;9/10/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 9, p67
Discusses a study in the 'New England Journal of Medicine' regarding the proper use of stethoscopes in detecting danger signs in patients' hearts. Lack of skill among doctors in using a stethoscope to listen to a heartbeat; Details of the study.
- Robot-assisted surgery increases healthcare costs. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;10/2/2010, Issue 613, p2
The article reports on a study published in the "New England Journal of Medicine" which found an increase in the use of robot-assisted procedures from 2007 to 2009.
- Downward Bend in Health Care Cost Curve Pre-Dates 2007 Recession. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;8/28/2012, Vol. 21, p1
A review of the article "Downward Bend in Health Care Cost Curve Pre-Dates 2007 Recession," appeared in the periodical New England Journal of Medicine is presented.
- Nurse study finds fibre ineffective against colon cancer. // Australian Nursing Journal;Mar1999, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p13
Reveals that the conventional wisdom that a high-fibre diet can protect against colon and rectal cancers may be wrong, according to a study published in the New England Journal of Medicine in January 1999. Number of nurses that were not expected to eliminate doctor recommendations for people to...
- Acing Acute Care for Elders. CLARK, CHERYL // HealthLeaders Magazine;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p58
The article discusses the importance of establishing acute care for elders facility promoted by C. Seth Landefeld, MD in his paper published in the 1995 issue of the New England Journal of Medicine. The initiative is composed of friendlier physical environment, special procedures, planning for...