Historical Perspectives 2006: The Postgraduate History Organisation in Scotland
- Scottish research. // Education Journal;5/24/2013, Issue 164, p5
The article reports on the additional funding worth Â£13.8 million shared by universities to boost research output in Scotland.
- TUTOR'S CONFERENCE PROVES SUCCESS. // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Dec2004/Jan2005, Issue 44, p7
This article presents information on the Institute of Administrative Management (IAM) International Tutor's Conference that took place at the Methodist International Centre in London, England on November 2, 2004. Twenty nine delegates attended from colleges and training organisations across the...
- Untitled. // Electronics Weekly;11/10/2010, Issue 2447, p23
The article reports that researchers at the University of St Andrews in Scotland are trying to find or develop a metamaterial which can make an object, or person, invisible. It is stated that the problem with making a so-called metamaterial, is that light waves can only be manipulated by...
- The Centre for Mountain Studies. Price, Martin F. // Mountain Research & Development;May2011, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p166
The article offers information on the Center for Mountain Studies (CMS) at Perth College, Scotland. Established in August 2000, the facility aims to create a center of excellence for work in mountain areas within a new University of the Highlands and Islands. It describes the mail goals of the...
- Scottish Research Register 2010-2011. Kilpatrick, Lynn // Architectural Heritage;2011, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p179
The article lists 2010-2011 research projects on Scottish architecture undertaken by students at Scottish universities, including "Patrick Geddes and the Celtic Renascence of the 1890s" by Megan Ferguson, "James Thomson and the Venice of the North" by Gerry Stewart, and "Kirkcudbright: a study...
- QC laser sweeps frequency in nanoseconds. Schneider, Ilene // Laser Focus World;Jul2003, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p34
Reports on the development of a pulsed quantum-cascade laser from the infrared-absorption spectrometer by researchers at the University of Strathclyde in Glasgow, Scotland. Use of the spectrometer to measure spectra of gases; Structure of the laser operated at room operator; Application of...
- Deal struck to push Scottish research through citations connection. // Information World Review;11/14/2013, p2
The article reports on the agreement between media and information firm Thomson Reuters and the Scottish Higher Education Digital Library (SHEDL), to attempt the advancement of the global impact of Scotland's research efforts using citation connections within the Web of Science.
- Scottish universities win photonics research funds. // Electronics Weekly;9/7/2005, Issue 2208, p1
The article reports that a group of Scottish universities have been given Â£1.4 million by the government to fund research in advanced semiconductor device technology such as microelectromechanical and photonics. According to Tim Holt, chief executive of the Institute of Photonics at...
- SCURL to look into collaborative storage methods. Mendelsohn, Susan // Information World Review;Feb2002, Issue 177, p4
Provides information on the study 'Collaborative Academic Store for Scotland,' conducted by the Scottish Confederation of University and Research Libraries. Objectives of the study; Information on the study; Composition of the project management team.