- Editors' Notes. Crumpler, Thomas; Handsfield, Lara J.; Lucey, Thomas A.; Lycke, Kara L.; Brown, Ryan A. // Action in Teacher Education;Winter2013, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p227
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the author discusses various reports published within the issue including one on how a preservice teacher negotiated positions of power with his ninth-grade students and the impact of those negotiations on his teaching identity, and another on...
- Any Questions? Good; Prepping for a Preservice Teacher. MENTOR, M. S. // NSTA Reports!;Jan2015, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p22
The article presents questions and answer related to preservice teaching including how to encourage students to ask the questions about things which they don't understand during the class, duties of a student teacher other than classroom teaching.
- What Elementary Physical Education Student Teachers Observe and Reflect Upon to Assist Their Instruction. Napper-Owen, Gloria; McCallister, Sarah // Physical Educator;Spring2005, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p76
The purpose of this study was to examine how student teachers (STs) linked their observation and reflection skills to assist them in bridging the theory to practice gap during their elementary student teaching experience. Eight STs were videotaped on two different occasions during their...
- Student Teaching in Diverse Settings. BAYAR, Adem; ELCAN, Naime // Participatory Educational Research;Aug2015, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p93
This study explores the cases of teachers who had overseas field experience. In this study, it is aimed at hearing what teachers say about their experiences and announce their reflections for others in order to contribute others' learning that have not had cross-cultural experiences. In order to...
- QUALITATIVE JUDGMENT OF TEACHING PERFORMANCE. Casey, John P.; Solliday, Michael // Education;Mar/Apr78, Vol. 98 Issue 3
Discusses a qualitative judgment of teaching performance of student teachers using a bipolar adjective scale to judge characteristics. Evidence for the utility of the bipolar scale in predicting student teaching success; Characteristics of student teachers significant to the evaluation.
- Breaking Free of the Puppeteer: Perspectives on One Practice Teacher's Experience. Rotanz, Lynn // High School Journal;Feb/Mar2001, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p19
Describes a practice teacher's experience as a secondary English teacher. How the experience affected her outlook on the teaching profession; Her struggle to assume authority over the students.
- Accuracy of teaching evaluation information systems: A... Stanfel, Larry E. // Journal of Instructional Psychology;Jun98, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p82
Analyzes a system for student evaluation of university teaching. Teaching evaluation systems and the necessity for accuracy; Processing steps, data flows and data stores in the Student Opinion System; Evaluation of the system.
- Looking to Experts. Bracey, Gerald W. // Phi Delta Kappan;Mar90, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p559
Compares the attitudes of expert teachers and student teachers. Preparation and planning techniques of expert and novice teachers; Content of the teachers' plan; Concepts and methods used by expert and novice teachers; Improvements needed for the student teaching programs; Reactions of students...
- Student Evaluation of Instruction and Study Conditions. Westerman, Rainer; Spies, Kordelia // European Education;Spring2002, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p44
Examines the variables involved in the evaluation of university teaching by students in Germany. Validity of theory-oriented development of questionnaires; Correlation between teaching and student satisfaction; Explanation of conceptual and theoretical foundations.