- Disappearing church. // Christian Century;3/18/92, Vol. 109 Issue 10, p297
Reports that the Church of Scotland will have no members left by the year 2047 if present trends continue, according to a new book by one of its prominent ministers, Ian Bradley, who authored `Marching to the Promised Land: Has the Church a Future?' Membership has declined by 20,000 people a...
- When The King Saved God. Hitchens, Christopher // Vanity Fair;May2011, Issue 609, p114
The article describes the King James Bible, an English translation of the Christian Bible by the Church of England which was published during the reign of King James of England in 1611. According to the author, the translation was an attempt to stabilize the kingdom of England and to heal the...
- Editors' Introduction. Baffelli, Erica; Reader, Ian // Japanese Journal of Religious Studies;2012, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p1
An introduction to the journal, which focuses on the aftermath of the Aum Affair in the Japanese religious context, is presented.
- Proclaiming the coming of the Moshiach. Woodard, Joe // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;7/29/96, Vol. 23 Issue 33, p32
Reports that the Chabad Lubavitch movement dedicated a new educational and cultural center in southwest Calgary, Alberta in Canada in July 1996. History of the Chabad Lubavitch movement; Comments from Rabbi Matusof about his religion and the calling back of Jews to the Messianic promise.
- THE LUBAVITCH ISSUE. // New Voices;Sep2008, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one that looks at the shluchim and, at the ultra-Orthodox movement that has become central to the Jewish lives of college students and another one that tells the story of an ex-Chabadnik who fought in Iraq before joining...
- Editors' Note. Barnett, Carolyn; Peter, Eric // Georgetown Journal of International Affairs;2009, Vol. 10 Issue 1, pI
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on the impact of quota systems on women's representation in developed and developing nations by Irene Tinker, the activist background of former Taiwan vice president Annette Lu, and the religious participation...
- Defending Promise Keepers. Williams, Cal // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Apr1998, Issue 82, p7
Presents a letter to the editor about Richard John Neuhaus' criticism on the religious group Promise Keepers.
- Defending Promise Keepers. R. J. N. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Apr1998, Issue 82, p7
Presents a response by Richard John Neuhaus to a letter to the editor about his comments on the religious group Promise Keepers.
- Church News. // West County Journal;9/14/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 37, pB2
The article offers information on the St. Paul's Evangelical Church's National Back to Church national movement to be held on September 18, 2011.