Time To Drive Growth Through Prepaid Programs
- Watch those low-rate cell phone plans. // Medical Economics;3/3/2006, Vol. 83 Issue 5, p12
The article reports on the warning of the Consumer Action regarding low-rate prepaid wireless plans rolled out by cellular phone companies in the U.S. According to the article, subscribers should be cautious of the daily access fees and rapid expiration periods of wireless plans. Verizon...
- Putting A New Face On Prepaid. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;5/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p14
No abstract available.
- new products and services. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Nov2002, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p49
Presents telecommunication product and service. Introduction by European Computer Telecoms of AutoCarrier Lite, a platform designed for providers of pre-paid calling cards; Entry of the data and voice-enabled Blackberry Wireless Handhelds from Research in Motion; Announcement by Telsis on the...
- GTE teams with 7-Eleven stores to make wireless phone cards available. Reynolds, Kelley // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;06/22/98, Issue 322319, p3
Reports on GTE Wireless' partnership with 7-Eleven stores to offer customers pre-paid wireless phone cards. Features of the pre-paid phone cards; Targeted areas for marketing.
- The Year of Flat-Rate Data. Koblentz, Evan // Wireless Week;1/1/2009, Vol. 14 Issue 18, p24
The article focuses on the issues concerning the wireless carrier's data plan pricing changes for 2009. It states that the change is stimulated by the slow economy and the rise of advanced services from prepaid carriers. It explains that the increase in the number of handsets that allow users to...
- AT&T Launches Prepaid Plan. // Wireless Week;09/20/99, Vol. 5 Issue 38, p16
Announces the launching of the National PrePaid Wireless program by AT&T Wireless company. Terms of the program; Available denominations for prepaid cards.
- TECHNOLOGY ADVANCES PRE-PAY. Reid, Keith // National Petroleum News;Jun2002, Vol. 94 Issue 6, p26
Reports the prepaid long distance phone cards in the U.S. Impact of the long-distance market sales on the prepaid wireless technology; Advantages of point-of-sale activation of prepaid cards on loss prevention; Expansion of the prepaid card service application on gasoline, Internet, bill...
- Chains dial into cell phone biz. // Drug Store News;12/15/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p49
Last year, AT&T Wireless turned away 4 million customers looking for cellular service who did not meet the company's credit threshold. Today, winning those customers back means offering services like pre-paid mobile phones. Prepaid phone cards, which users buy to add minutes to pay-as-you-go...
- Cingular's distinct singularities. Durand, Augusto // Caribbean Business;1/15/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p30
Reports on the increasing market share for wireless communications product by Cingular Wireless LLC in in Puerto Rico. Launch of pre-paid calling cards; Implementation of public relations and client retention program; Improvement of customer services.