- Bell Atlantic Mobile gets results with pricing. // RCR;12/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p19
Cites the increase in digital customer service activations of Bell Atlantic Mobile in the three months since it launched the DigitalChoice SingleRate pricing plan in 1998. Monthly access pricing under the plan.
- Dawn of a New Error. Kridel, Tim // Wireless Review;06/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p46
Reports on the problems caused by LNP on the completion of calls to ported numbers. Comments from Chris Kostenbader, director of network switch at Bell Atlantic Mobile (BAM); Reasons for an LNP solution implemented by BAM; Details on an in-house LNP solution.
- AeroComm to coordinate coverage in NYC tunnels. // RCR;02/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p64
Announces the designation of AeroComm Inc. as the cellular/PCS carrier coordinator for Queens Midtown and Brooklyn Battery tunnels by Bell Atlantic Mobile in New York, New York. Coordination with telecommunication companies to install propriety systems in areas with connectivity problems;...
- Bell Atlantic Mobile acquires Frontier. // RCR;12/06/99, Vol. 18 Issue 49, p5
Announces Bell Atlantic Mobile's completion of its acquisition of Frontier Cellular which was previously a joint venture of Bell Atlantic Mobile and Frontier Corp.
- Internet: Embrace Me. Lockwood, Judith // Wireless Week;02/28/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p4
Comments on the convergence of telecommunication and the Internet in the United States. Web access services launched by Sprint PCS and Bell Atlantic Mobile; Banking services through mobile telecommunication systems; Development of telecommunication systems for use in electronic commerce.
- Bell Atlantic readies PCS test. Pickering, Wendy // PC Week;7/4/94, Vol. 11 Issue 26, p43
Reports on Bell Atlantic Mobile System's beta-testing of its personal communication services (PCS) network. Selection of Annapolis, Md. as PCS network's first beta-test site; Availability of PCS Now telephones; Cost of service; Comparison with cellular service; Federal Communications...
- Pats and punches from RBOCS. Quinton, Brian; Engebretson, Joan // Telephony;09/14/98, Vol. 235 Issue 11, p6
Focuses on the different approaches of BellSouth Telecommunications Inc. and Bell Atlantic Mobile Systems Inc. to Internet Protocol (IP) telephony service providers. BellSouth's plans of imposing fees on service providers for connecting long-distance IP calls from the company's local customers;...
- BAM to get Rock Creek Park permits. Forsgren, Weaver, Heather // RCR;11/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 47, p3
Updates on the progress of Bell Atlantic Mobile's seeking of permits to site two towers in Rock Creek Park in Washington, D.C. Inclusion of language in the federal budget requiring the National Park Service to issue permits; Park service's issuance of permits to Bell.
- 4Q: More Of The Same, With Even Better Numbers. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;01/31/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p19
Reports the fourth quarter and fiscal 1999 revenues of wireless companies. Increase in revenue of Bell Atlantic Mobile; Telephone companies that benefit from the wireless service; Details on the stocks of the companies.