Carlo To Air Fears At 7-Eleven
- Cancer Study Bolsters Industry's Safety Claims. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;02/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p5
Focuses on a study in Denmark which revealed that there is no connection between the use of wireless telephones and cancer. Reaction of the Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association (CTIA) to the findings; Increase in the number of lawsuits against manufacturers of wireless phones;...
- Calling for Cell Phone Safety. Mokhiber, Russell // Multinational Monitor;Oct/Nov99, Vol. 20 Issue 10/11, p7
Discusses information on the health effects of cellphones to consumers. Brief information on a lawsuit filed against a cellphone operator; Information on Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association (CTIA) funding of 27 million dollars on health studies; Findings of George Carlo, a public...
- Dangerous Devices. Swartz, Nikki // Wireless Review;04/01/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p46
Looks at the alleged links between wireless phones and cancer. Research on the connection of wireless phones and cancer; Lawsuits filed against the wireless communication industry over the alleged links between wireless phones and cancer; Importance of educating consumers about the issue;...
- One Afternoon In Celtopia. Lee, Rikki // Wireless Week;08/30/99, Vol. 5 Issue 35, p2
Relates the experiences of the author with wireless telephones. Restaurant that takes the orders of customers through such telephones; Encounters with people in places where wireless rules.
- Distance Runners. Crane, Magan // Boating;May2000, Vol. 73 Issue 5, p102
Evaluates several satellite telephones for boaters.
- Roaming services predestined to improve. Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;7/1/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 25, p19
Discusses that the growing competition in the wireless communications industry in Puerto Rico drives companies to offer their customers better roaming options at lower prices. Addition of features such as call-waiting, voice mail and caller identification to attract more users; Problems...
- Advertised 900MHz Cordless Prices. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;03/06/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p43
Presents a chart related to the advertised wireless telephone prices in the United States from January 16 to 30, 2000.
- Developing nations will be spared sight of ugly... Ayers, Tim // RCR;3/3/97, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p85
Presents information on the conference held by the University of Vermont's Law School Environmental Law Program, which focused on the wireless telephone segment of the telecommunications industry. Persons who attended the conference; Views expressed at the conference; Examination of the safety...
- Cell phone makers vindicated in cancer suits. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;01/05/98, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p4
Reports that law suits aimed at linking wireless devices to brain cancer in the United Stares are being dropped or thrown out, while examining bioeffects research on mobile phones. Details on the lawsuit filed by the family of the physician Dean Vincent Rittman who had brain cancer, alledged to...