Third Force With Us
- Merger heralds new telecom era. Grier, Peter; Thurman, James N. // Christian Science Monitor;10/6/99, Vol. 91 Issue 218, p1
Considers the potential impact of the proposed merger between MCI WorldCom and Sprint Corp.
- Sprinting To the Finish Line. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;10/11/99, Vol. 5 Issue 41, p1
Reports on the re-entry of MCI WorldCom Inc. into the wireless communication business. Plans of the company to acquire Spring Corp.; Significance of the deal; Reaction to the planned merger.
- Proposed $129 billion telecom merger nears completion. Ferguson, Kevin // Las Vegas Business Press;06/05/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p8
Reports on Nevada's approval of the proposed merger between telecommunications firms Sprint Corp. and MCI WorldCom Inc., making it the 11th American state to clear the deal. Antitrust concerns on the proposed merger; Regulatory agencies that approved the deal.
- Merger mess: Ebbers running out of options, time. Rohde, David // Network World;06/26/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 26, p16
Reports on MCI WorldCom's proposed acquisition of Sprint Corp. MCI chief executive officer Bernard Ebbers' option of spinning off Sprint's core voice and network services; Possibility that the merger will be cancelled; European Competition Commissioner Mario Monti's planned trip to the United...
- Analyst: MCI WorldCom/Sprint deal at risk. Rohde, David // Network World;03/20/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p116
Discusses the issues surrounding the pending merger of United States carriers MCI WorldCom and Sprint. Speculations that the US Department of Justice will block the proposed merger; Confidence expressed by the companies about the conclusion of the deal in second half of 2000; Expected dominance...
- New No.3 carrier?...not so obvious. Rohde, David // Network World;10/18/99, Vol. 16 Issue 42, p33
Presents an update on the proposed merger between MCI WorldCom and Sprint as of October 18, 1999. Factors cited by the companies' executives on why the merger should be approved by regulators; Projected impact of the merger on enterprise users; Potentials of Qwest to become the number three...
- Sprint/MCI WorldCom deal enters final review. Rendleman, John // PC Week;03/27/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p14
Reports on the United States Federal Communications Commission's review of the proposed merger between MCI WorldCom Inc. and Sprint Corp. Beneficiaries of the merged entity; Estimates of the market share of a combined MCI WorldCom/Sprint.
- Buyer beware. Hirschman, Carolyn // Telephony;03/27/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 13, p38
Predicts that regulators will likely block the merger of American long distance carriers, MCI Worldcom and Sprint. Dangers of the merger; Possible lawsuit to be filed by the Department of Justice to stop the merger; Need for divestiture of Sprint's backbone. INSET: BRIEFLY.
- Is MCI WorldCom Sprinting Toward Merger? Wilson, Carol; Smetannikov, Max // Inter@ctive Week;09/27/99, Vol. 6 Issue 40, p6
Reports on the move of MCI WorldCom and Sprint in holding merger discussions. Advantages of the merger; Market value of Sprint and Sprint PCS; Stocks of MCI; Potential United States buyers.