Nextel, DOJ Show Congress The Money
- Justice blocks Nextel bid for Geotek licenses. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;12/21/98, Vol. 17 Issue 51, p1
Reports that the United States Justice Department has blocked Nextel Communications Inc.'s bid on Geotek Communications Inc.'s licenses. Denial of Nextel Communications' request to modify a 1994 antitrust consent decree; Ability of Nextel to accommodate future growth in major markets.
- Court To Consider Nextel Consent Decree. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;12/13/99, Vol. 5 Issue 50, p24
Deals with the urge of the United States Department of Justice to modify the 90 megahertz (MHz) consent decree it signed with Nextel Communications Inc. in 1995. Details on the decree; Arguments of the Alliance for Radio Competition; Company that holds the licenses for 900MHz.
- Judge could rule on Nextel bid to buy Geotek licenses. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;03/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p30
Reports on United States District Judge Thomas Hogan's impending ruling on the Justice Department's motion for summary judgment against Nextel Communications Inc.'s lawsuit. Features of the 1995 antitrust consent decree; Nextel's problem on the asset purchase agreement with Geotek creditors.
- Nextel, justice settle 900 MHz dispute. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;06/21/99, Vol. 18 Issue 25, p1
Reports on the implications of the United States Justice Department's out-of-court antitrust settlement with Nextel Communications Inc. Discontinuation of Nextel's purchase of Geotek Communications Inc.; Scheduled public comment for the settlement before US District Judge Thomas E. Hogan makes...
- Nextel likely to get consent decree relaxed. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;09/06/99, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p10
Focuses on the United States (US) Department of Justice's call for US District Judge Thomas Hogan to relax a 1995 antitrust consent decree imposed on Nextel Communications Inc. Expectation of dispatch competition from mobile phone operators and other wireless carriers; Factors that conspire...
- Hogan to hold hearing on Nextel. // RCR;11/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 47, p4
Informs that United States District Judge Thomas Hogan plans to hold a hearing December 16, 1999 on a Justice Department plan to modify a 1995 antitrust decree imposed on Nextel Communications.
- Dispatch operators decry nextel settlement to judge. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;08/02/99, Vol. 18 Issue 31, p24
Focuses on the efforts of dispatch radio operators to get United States District Judge Thomas F. Hogan to reject a proposed antitrust settlement between the Justice Department and Nextel Communications Inc. Arguments raised against settlement; Nextel's claims regarding the issue; Relief given...
- Nextwave license battle struggles on. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;08/23/99, Vol. 237 Issue 8, p19
Reports that Nextel company received approval from the United States Federal Communications Commission and the Department of Justice to acquire Nextwave's licenses. Amount spent by Nextwave on licenses; Reaction of Nextwave to the decision; Reorganization plans of Nextel.
- wireless HISTORY. // RCR Wireless News;12/12/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 50, p26
The article recalls a report on the decision of the U.S. Department of Justice to block Nextel Communications Inc. from bidding on licenses held by bankrupt Geotek Communications Inc. in December 1998.