- Nortel wins $1B Verizon contract. // RCR Wireless News;9/8/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 36, p13
Reports on an agreement signed by Verizon Wireless with Nortel Networks Ltd. to expand and upgrade the carrier's code-division multiple access network in the U.S. Value of the contract; Terms of the agreement.
- Nortel snares $2 billion contract from Verizon Wireless. Morse, Joni // RCR Wireless News;12/25/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 52, p11
The article reports that Nortel Networks Ltd. has received a five-year $2 billion contract from Verizon Wireless for CDMA equipment and related services. While Nortel's deal with Verizon Wireless does not specifically spell out which products and services Verizon Wireless intends to purchase,...
- Higher data rates draw nearer. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;04/10/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 15, p57
Deals with trials of first code-division multiple access (CDMA) 1X calls in North America. Results of the trials conducted by Nortel Networks; Details on the trial conducted by Sprint PCS, Samsung Telecommunications America and Qualcomm; Potential of CDMA 1X to double the capacity of voice...
- Business Briefs. // RCR Wireless News;10/20/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 42, p20
Presents news briefs on the telecommunication industry in the U.S. as of October 20, 2003. Cooperation between Lucent Technologies Inc. and AT&T Wireless Services Inc. on wireless code division multiple access; Contract signed by Nortel Networks Ltd. to expand Pelephone's CDMA2000 1x network;...
- Chunghwa hands tough in 3G contract furore. Clark, Robert K. // Telecom Asia;Dec2002, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p14
Focuses on the controversy over the decision of Chungwa Telecom Co. Limited to award its wireless code division multiple access contract to Nokia Corp. in Taiwan. Rejection of the cheaper bid made by Nortel Networks Co.; Complaints filed by Nortel; Response of Chungwa.
- Phasing in CDMA2000 1X Networks in China. Mumford, Richard // Microwave Journal;Nov2003, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p53
Reports on the effort of China Unicom in deploying code division multiple access networks based on Nortel Networks solutions in four markets in China. Objective of the initiative; Overview of the deployments for Phase 3; Estimated amount of the contracts underlying these deployments.
- Nortel furthers CDMA data options. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;11/30/98, Vol. 235 Issue 22, p8
Reports on the technology trials conducted by Nortel Networks for its code division multiple access (CDMA) options. Upgrade to existing networks involving new software installation; Capability of the CDMA technology to offer users and carriers the ability to bypass the public network.
- Picking apart Nortel's wireless assets. Fitchard, Kevin // Telephony;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 250 Issue 7, p8
The article reports on the offer of Nokia Siemens Networks BV (NSN) to purchase some of the wireless assets of Nortel Networks Corp. in the U.S. It states that NSN has proposed 650 million dollars to buy Nortel's code division multiple access (CDMA) business as well as its long-term evolution...
- News Headlines - Mobile. // MarketWatch: Telecoms;October 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 10, p10
Cites news events related to the mobile telecommunications industry. Financial and corporate standing disclosure by Symbian; Decision of Siemen's to focus on research and development of mobile phones in Brazil; Provision of financial support by DoCoMo and Nortel Networks to China's domestic...