House To FCC: It's OK To Go Inside
- Pressler wants simpler telecommunications bill. McAvoy, Kim // Broadcasting & Cable;12/12/94, Vol. 124 Issue 50, p82
Reports that incoming chairman of the United States Senate Commerce Committee Larry Pressler will call for simplified telecommunications reform legislation in 1995. Schedule of hearings; Criticism about the FCC; Promised delivery of bills for the American people.
- FCC gears up for new responsibilities. McConnell, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;1/8/96, Vol. 126 Issue 2, p8
Reports on additional responsibilities for the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in 1996 if Congress sends its telecommunications legislation to enact. Potential rulemakings in the bill; FCC anticipation of the workload; Promotion of competition in the telephone industry;...
- Deregulation in the Communications Industry. Wyatt, Douglas C. // Communications & the Law;Dec98, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p75
Reviews the United States Federal Communications Commission policy and legislation, particularly provisions of the Telecommunications Act of 1996. Status of telephone and cable systems; How the Telecommunications Act of 1996 would impact upon the communications industry; Conclusion.
- symposium. Wilhelm, Anthony G.; Feulner, Edwin // Insight on the News;06/05/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p40
Presents contrasting views on the United States Federal Communications Commission's education-rate, or E-rate, a key provision of the Telecommunications Act of 1996. Advantages and disadvantages of E-rate; Role of E-rate in giving remedy to social and educational problems; Issue on the hidden...
- Fair play in technology. Gallt, Jack J. // State Government News;May99, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p36
Discusses the implementing rules made by the United States Federal Communciations Commission (FCC) under the Telecommunications Act of 1996. Provisions in the law that call for affordable access to telecommunications services for schools and libraries; Importance for the FCC to address the...
- FCC extends Olive branch. // Telephony;02/03/97, Vol. 232 Issue 5, p88
Reports on US Federal Communications Commission's formation of an advisory committee of local and state government officials for the implementation of the Telecommunications Act of 1996.
- Tidbits for the hibachi. Lannon, Larry // Telephony;02/02/98, Vol. 233 Issue 5, p88
Focuses on the United States' telecommunication industry's need for an appropriate interpretation of the telecommunication act imposed by the US Federal Communications Commission. Difference of the digital telecommunication industry from its hybrid predecessor; Consideration of the realities of...
- Fax Restrictions. // Accounting Technology;Oct2003 Supplement, p13
Reports on the issuance by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission of a new order revising the rule related to the Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991.
- Martin-Powell Chronicles: Dissension in FCC Ranks. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;6/24/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p1
Comments on the policy of U.S. Federal Communications Chairman (FCC) Michael Powell. Displeasure of FCC member Kevin Martin; Issuance of dissents and disapproval suggesting conflicts with the policies and leadership of FCC chairman Michael Powell; Complaints on delegating a job to a staff that...
- More Forbearance Please. Perraut, Andrew // Regulation;Fall2008, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p10
The author comments on forbearance as a unique and powerful deregulatory tool given to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) which makes it illegal to enforce bad regulations. Two facets of the 1996 Telecommunications Act are discussed along with the manner by which FCC handles the...