Conditions Likely For New `WorldCom'
- Merger heralds new telecom era. Grier, Peter; Thurman, James N. // Christian Science Monitor;10/6/99, Vol. 91 Issue 218, p1
Considers the potential impact of the proposed merger between MCI WorldCom and Sprint Corp.
- Sprinting To the Finish Line. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;10/11/99, Vol. 5 Issue 41, p1
Reports on the re-entry of MCI WorldCom Inc. into the wireless communication business. Plans of the company to acquire Spring Corp.; Significance of the deal; Reaction to the planned merger.
- Third Force With Us. Lockwood, Judith // Wireless Week;10/11/99, Vol. 5 Issue 41, p4
Focuses on the acquisition of Sprint Corp. by MCI WorldCom Inc. Estimated enterprise value of Sprint PCS; Wireless Web service launched by Sprint PCS; Benefits of the deal for MCI.
- Proposed $129 billion telecom merger nears completion. Ferguson, Kevin // Las Vegas Business Press;06/05/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p8
Reports on Nevada's approval of the proposed merger between telecommunications firms Sprint Corp. and MCI WorldCom Inc., making it the 11th American state to clear the deal. Antitrust concerns on the proposed merger; Regulatory agencies that approved the deal.
- MCI-Sprint Merger Draws Objections. Vaughan, Attyson // Wireless Week;02/28/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p10
Announces the merger plans between MCI WorldCom Inc. and Sprint Corp. Reaction of the United States Federal Communications Commission on the merger; Opposition of other companies to the merger.
- MCI/Sprint merger? Wall St. smiles, users frown. Rohde, David // Network World;10/04/99, Vol. 16 Issue 40, p10
Reports on a possible merger between United States telecommunications firms MCI WorldCom Inc. and Sprint Corp. Speculation that Sprint shareholders Deutsche Telekom and France Telecom want to give up their stakes in the company; Reaction of investors to the merger rumors.
- Merger mess: Ebbers running out of options, time. Rohde, David // Network World;06/26/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 26, p16
Reports on MCI WorldCom's proposed acquisition of Sprint Corp. MCI chief executive officer Bernard Ebbers' option of spinning off Sprint's core voice and network services; Possibility that the merger will be cancelled; European Competition Commissioner Mario Monti's planned trip to the United...
- Analyst: MCI WorldCom/Sprint deal at risk. Rohde, David // Network World;03/20/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p116
Discusses the issues surrounding the pending merger of United States carriers MCI WorldCom and Sprint. Speculations that the US Department of Justice will block the proposed merger; Confidence expressed by the companies about the conclusion of the deal in second half of 2000; Expected dominance...
- WorldCom, Sprint seek right formula. // eWeek;06/26/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 26, p11
Reports on MCI WorldCom Inc.'s efforts to secure European and United States regulators' approval of its proposed merger with Sprint Corp., a telecommunications company. Claim by opponents to the merger that the deal would unfairly dominate world markets for long-distance and Internet service.