Bankroll An Olympian
- Jamaica. Noti, Yaran // Saveur;Oct2015, Issue 177, p60
The article discusses efforts to make Jamaican food a central piece of the island's tourism, and presents several recipes including Braised Oxtail with Butter Beans, Coconut Rice and Red Beans, and Banana Fritters with Cinnamon-Sugar and Rum. Topics discussed include hospitality magnate and...
- Jamaica: Island Grown. // Conde Nast Traveler;Nov2015, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p62
The article describes English businessman and former record producer Chris Blackwell's Pantrepant farm resort in Jamaica. Topics covered include description of the setting and design of the resort, activities for guests such as milking cows and picking fruits and Blackwell's goal of promoting...
- Triumph of the machines. Randerson, James // New Scientist;8/14/2004, Vol. 183 Issue 2460, p31
Athens Olympics are certain to see some incredible sporting performances. Although many Olympic sports are close to limits of human performance and some may already have reached them, they are able to keep improving through ingenious use of technology. Speed skating rinks have also seen...
- JAMAICAN FLAVOR. Ajudua, Christine // Travel & Leisure;Dec2011, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p48
The article offers brief information on the Blackwell Rum crafted by hotelier Chris Blackwell.
- The Unvarnished Truth. // National Geographic Adventure;Sep2004, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p34
At the highest levels, sports success is a lot about who can hurt themselves the most. A high pain threshold it will take far, says Lesley Tomlinson, two time Olympian mountain biker.
- Hail to the OLYMPIANS: Laurent Ganï¿½. James, Jennie; Crumley, Bruce // Time International (South Pacific Edition);8/16/2004, Issue 32, p44
The article profiles sprint cyclist Laurent Ganï¿½. He is 31 years old and belongs to France. His participating events include track cycling, individual and team sprints. He was equipped with great physical strength and stamina but lacked the killer instinct to win big events. So in 1998, he...
- Cyclist's iliac syndrome: temporary relief by balloon angioplasty. Wijesinghe, L. D.; Coughlin, P. A.; Robertson, I.; Kessel, D.; Kent, P. J.; Kester, R. C. // British Journal of Sports Medicine;Feb2001, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p70
External iliac stenosis due to endofibrosis is a rare condition that predominantly affects top level cyclists. Short term symptomatic relief is reported in an Olympian after percutaneous transluminal angioplasty, which was performed to allow the patient to return to training without delay.
- Blackwell's Islandlife has wide-ranging goals. Newman, Melinda // Billboard;05/16/98, Vol. 110 Issue 20, p1
Focuses on Islandlife, a company started in late 1997 by Island Records founder Chris Blackwell. Why Blackwell left PolyGram, the company that bought Island; The different enterprises for which Islandlife is the parent company; Blackwell's plans for 1998, such as a possible acquisition of the...
- Award sits well with Blackwell. Blackwell, Chris // Music Week;5/30/2009, Issue 21, p1
The article announces that Chris Blackwell has received the Music Week award in the Great Britain.