- CALIBER ENERGY REPORTS LAND ACQUISITION/DRILLING ACTIVITIES. // Worldwide Energy;Apr2006, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p7
Reports that Calibre Energy Inc., and independent oil and gas company, has completed the acquisition of leasehold acres and participated in the drilling of horizontal wells in the Barnett Shale Formation in North Texas. Production capacity of the Barnett Shale development; Joint venture of...
- XTO inks $300 million deal, has record year in reserves. Francis, Robert // Fort Worth Business Press;3/6/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p40
Presents news briefs in the oil and gas industry of Texas as of March 2006. Acquisition of properties from Total E&P USA Inc. by XTO Energy Inc.; Update on the drilling activity of Lexington Resources on its Oliver Lease in Fort Worth; Completion of the acquisition of real estate and horizontal...
- Petroleum Industry & Trade. // Crude Petroleum Industry Yearbook;2002, p1
Presents an economic analysis of the Crude Petroleum Industry as of January 2002. Overview of the current state of the sector; Factors affecting its financial health and how insiders are reacting to those issues; How demand for the products has changed and what is expected for the future;...
- SANTA MONICA FILES SUIT AGAINST 18 OIL COMPANIES. // Industrial Environment;Aug2000, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p3
Reports the lawsuit filed by the City of Santa Monica in California against several oil industry companies responsible for contaminating city water wells.
- OIL PUTS AFRICA ON THE MAP. Ford, Neil // New African;Mar2003, Issue 416, p48
Discusses the importance of African oil to U.S. economy. Increase in the importance of the African oil and gas sector by the developing crisis in the Middle East due to the possibility of a war on Iraq; Initiative taken by the U.S. government to reduce its dependence on oil from the Persian...
- EXPANSION OF THE BIG GUNS. // New African;Mar2003, Issue 416, p50
Reports on the plans of oil producing countries of Nigeria, Angola, Libya and Algeria to expand oil production. Libya's plans regarding foreign investments in its oil production; Development of deepwater fields by Angola to increase crude oil production; Encouragement by Nigeria to oil...
- UP AND COMING PRODUCERS. // New African;Mar2003, Issue 416, p52
Focuses on efforts for increasing oil production in Africa. Discovery of Equatorial Guinea with a growing potential of oil outputs by 2005; Analysis of barriers to the development of the Sudan's oil industry with a potential for growth; Pipeline project of Chad and Cameroon to tap the reserves...
- Fury over sale of `family jewels'. Thompson, Jato // African Business;June97, Issue 222, p40
Focuses on the oil industry in Nigeria. Possibility of an increased contribution to joint venture companies; Leakages in crude oil exports; Issue of environmental degradation.
- Angola to lead African oil boom. Siddiqi, Moin // African Business;Dec97, Issue 227, p24
Reports on the booming petroleum industry in Africa. Estimate on value of the continent's oil industry; Deployment of export earnings on exploration and development projects; Factors deterring increased foreign direct investments.