A Fresh View
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. MALECKY, JOHN M. // Fire Engineering;Sep2009, Vol. 162 Issue 9, p124
The article evaluates several fire fighting equipment such as the Pierce foam pumper, the SVI Trucks rescue truck and the Ferrara pumper.
- NEW DELIVERIES. // Fire Chief;Mar2005, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p80
Features vehicles for fire fighting that were recently delivered to fire departments. Features of American LaFrance pumper and tanker that was recently delivered to the Tin Top Volunteer Fire Department, Weatherford, Texas; Top-mount pumper that Smeal Fire Apparatus recently built for the...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Mar2001, Vol. 154 Issue 3, p140
Features various firefighting equipment. Milton, Florida, Fire Department's Emergency One pumping system; Woodward, Oklahoma, Fire Department's America Lafrance fire truck; Star Hose Co.'s KME pumper/tanker.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Apr2003, Vol. 156 Issue 4, p156
Features fire apparatus. Rescue and extrication truck; Fire pumps.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Oct2005, Vol. 158 Issue 10, p172
Features equipments in fire department in the U.S. Uses of the U.S. Tanker Rescue Pumper by the Lake Township Fire Department; Features of the American La France by the Ville de Longueil; Significance of the Sutphen apparatus by the Frankfort fire & EMS Department.
- Pumpers come in all shapes and sizes. Kirvida, Wayde // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p21
The article focuses on the debate surrounding pump panel location. An overview of options for panel location is provided with emphasis on the enclosed top-mount, on both commercial and custom chassis, that has roots in the Minnesota fire fighting community. Investments required for these trucks...
- NEW DELIVERIES. // Fire Chief;Oct2006, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p130
The article features several new deliveries of fire engines in the U.S. The E-ONE Fire Raider of the Center Conway in New Hampshire features a 500 gpm Darley pump and a 3,000 gallon water tank. The American LaFrance of the Commissioners of Fire District Number 2 in Ocean, New Jersey, features a...
- Aspirated Class A foam found superior to plain water for darkening fires. // Fire Engineering;Feb96, Vol. 149 Issue 2, p26
Reports on the advantages of using aspirated Class A foam for darkening fires. Comparison between Class A foam and plain water; Improvement of visibility with foam; Distinction between fire knockdown and no knockdown.
- Apparatus Upgrades: Refurbishment of New? Peters, William C. // Fire Engineering;Jun2004 Supplement, Vol. 157, p49
Presents a guideline in refurbishing the apparatus for fire extinction. Levels of refurbishment; Caution in checking different parts of the apparatus; Considerations on whether a device needs an upgrade.