The MICAS Touch
- Timeless Tactical Truths. Brunacini, Alan // Fire Engineering;May2008, Vol. 161 Issue 5, p208
The article presents several key elements that can be considered by firefighters. The first one focuses on the importance of developing an attack plan that separates what is lost and what is savable. The engine company must be responsible enough in providing its own fire engine with...
- Responder resources budget priorities. TOWNSEND, JOHN S. // Industrial Fire World;Spring2013, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p27
The article addresses the issue of apparatus resources and budget priorities for emergency responders in industrial fire incidents. Innovations such as the compressed air foam systems and subsurface injection are contrasted to the average custom-built fire engine on the apparatus floor of most...
- EGIS 911. Phillips-Mustain, Cystal; Shultz, Mary; Hinton, Curtis; Holdstock, David // GEOWorld;Oct2009, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p28
The article focuses on the geographic information systems (GIS) which are being used by the local government of Palm Bay, Florida for a faster emergency response. It states that the city needs technological innovation for the safety of its citizens after it was directly hit by hurricanes. It...
- FEMA releases AFG five-year report. // Fire Engineering;Sep2008, Vol. 161 Issue 9, p70
The article reports on the release of a statistical breakdown of the equipment and vehicles from fiscal years 2003 through 2007 that have been funded in the Assistance for Firefighters Grant (AFG) program by the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) in 2008. The statistics also include...
- Real-time high-altitude fire mapping. Cole, Dana; Myers, Jeffrey; Mitchell, Wayne // Fire Management Notes;Fall98, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p26
Describes the real-time high-altitude fire mapping and data relay system called STARLink which can be used in fire management. Offer of instantaneous distribution of fire status data from remote-sensing platforms to field users with personal computers; Features of the airborne element;...
- Apparatus deliveries. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;May95, Vol. 148 Issue 5, p78
Reports on deliveries of fire fighting apparatus in the United States. SVI Trucks' haz-mat response truck; Pumper truck from Smeal Fire Apparatus; Rescue/pumper truck built by SUTPHEN.
- Look, a Fire Truck! // Weekly Reader - Pre K;Oct2006, Vol. 27, p2
Photographs of a fire truck and its parts are presented.
- Fantastic Fire Trucks. Giles, Nichole // Boys' Quest;Apr/May2008, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p14
The article offers information about fire trucks including pumper and a tanker.
- Apparatus deliveries. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Jun95, Vol. 148 Issue 6, p128
Reports on deliveries of fire trucks. Glenside Fire Co.; Morristown Fire Department; Dunklin Fire District.