CPSE Promotes Designation Process
- Reinventing the fire service. Paton, Nic // Personnel Today;10/28/2003, p22
No abstract available.
- Going Beyond What You Have Mastered. West, Bruce // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p4
The article discusses issues related to the Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association (MSFCA). The Board of the MSFCA is planning for the 2007 conference in Rochester, Minnesota. The Conference Committee, Education Committee and Executive Board will meet to review the conference agenda in 2007....
- A Tough Act to Follow. Zikmud, Nyle // Minnesota Fire Chief;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p20
The article presents the author's views on the activities of the Legislative Committee of the Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association in 2006. His opinion of the draft of a survey prepared by the Legislative Auditor is presented and a letter being sent by the Recruitment and Retention Task Force...
- Hooray for the Old Times. Juntunen, Jeff // Minnesota Fire Chief;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p4
Focuses on the training for fire fighters. Overview of state fire instructors hired by a panel of Minnesota Fire Chiefs from the Minnesota State Fire Chief's Association (MSFCA) to deliver fire training; Purpose of the Minnesota Fire and Rescue Mutual Aid Plan launched by MSFCA.
- GLD Board Meeting. // Minnesota Fire Chief;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p54
Focuses on the board meeting held by the Great Lakes Division of the International Association of Fire Chiefs on August 26, 2004.
- MINNESOTA STATE FIRE CHIEFS ASSOCIATION. // Minnesota Fire Chief;2006 Directory, p11
This article provides information on the Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association. The association is made up of over 2,000 chief fire officers that represent the nearly 600 fire departments in Minnesota. It is an organization that seeks to provide information and training to its members on a...
- BLEVE: A PRIMER. Noll, Gregory G. // Fire Engineering;Mar2005, Vol. 156 Issue 3, p86
This article describes the term BLEVE, which is an acronym that stands for boiling-liquid, expanding-vapor explosion. A BLEVE is defined as a container failure with a release of energy, often rapidly and violently, accompanied by a release of gas or vapor to the atmosphere and propulsion of the...
- UNDERSTANDING THE FIRE DEPARTMENT ACCREDITATION PROCESS. Purcell, William R. // Fire Engineering;Mar2005, Vol. 156 Issue 3, p93
This article reports that the International Association of Fire Chiefs and the International City/County Managers Association have developed a fire service accreditation process to help departments measure and define their effectiveness. Encouraged by a number of fire chiefs, these two...
- LIFE SAFETY INITIATIVES. // Fire Engineering;Feb2006, Vol. 159 Issue 2, p30
The presents the response to several fire officers to the implementation of the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation's 16 Life Safety Initiatives in the U.S. Rick Lasky, the chief of Lewisville, Texas Fire Department said that their training division has developed and implemented a safety...