A Blueprint For GROWTH
- On the Rebound, Rurban Sets Its Sights on M&A. Barba, Robert // American Banker;5/16/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 95, p5
The author reports on plans by Rurban Financial Corp. to expand its business through a series of mergers and acquisitions. According to the article, the company plans on acquiring small banks located in northwestern Ohio. Goals which Rurban has established regarding the number of banks which it...
- New Wave of Mergers Sweeps Across US Banking Industry. // Global Finance;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p63
Reports on new mergers across the banking industry in the U.S. in 2004. Merger between Citizens Financial Group based in Providence, Rhode Island and the Cleveland, Ohio-based Charter One Financial; Plan of Citizens Financial to expand its business in other states; Success of SunTrust Banks in...
- Why Some Deals Fall Through. Nadler, Paul // American Banker;10/13/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 197, p22
Presents commentary on why bank merger and acquisition deals fall through, based on the recent increase in corporations backing out of deals. Description of several dropped deals, such as how Bancshares of Florida Inc. pulled the plug on its deal for Horizon Financial; Analysis of reasons behind...
- Not All Bankers Are Sold on Buying. Broughton, Kristin // American Banker;8/7/2015, Vol. 180 Issue F320, p0
The article discusses the need for bankers to stop acquiring financial institutions for a while. Topics covered include the acceleration in merger and acquisition activities in the U.S. in 2015. Also mentioned are the factors to be considered by financial services companies such as banks before...
- First Purchase for Crescent of Georgia. Osuri, Laura Thompson // American Banker;8/23/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 162, p3
Announces that Crescent Banking Co. agreed to buy Futurus Financial Services Inc. Description of the deal, which would be the first by Crescent; Expected close date; Profile of Futurus, a high-tech banking company that never made a profit.
- Waxing Economic Optimism Brings a Tide of Dilutive Deals. Reosti, John // American Banker;9/10/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 175, p4
Discusses how banks appear more willing to make dilutive deals--those that temporarily reduce per-share earnings--than they had been in years prior to 2004. Reasons why banks are making such deals; Impact of confidence in the economy; Statistics related to dilutive deals in 2004 compared to...
- Sales Talk On Nat City -- But Is It Ready? Dobbs, Kevin // American Banker;3/14/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 51, p1
The author reports on the possibility that National City Corp. may put itself up for sale. The opinions of analysts regarding the difficulties which a buyer of National City may face once they purchase the company are mentioned. Changes which have been made by National City over the past few...
- Glacier has 2d Deal in a Month. Osuri, Laura Thompson // American Banker;12/17/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 241, p5
Announces that Glacier Bancorp Inc. has a deal to buy Citizens Community Bank. Financial details of the deal, the second in three weeks for the company; Profile of Glacier.
- Fulton of Pa. in $89M Deal for N.J.'s SVB. // American Banker;1/12/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 8, p20
Announces that Fulton Financial Corp. of Lancaster, Pa., plans to acquire SVB Financial Services Inc., of Somerville, N.J. Description of the deal; Expected close date; Profile of SVB Financial.