New Russell Index Uses 'Global' Metrics
- MARKET INDEXES. // Pensions & Investments;5/26/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p70
The article offers information on the U.S. equity market indexes for April 2008. It states that after some steep first-quarter losses, the equity market warmed up in April. It mentions that the Russell 2000 Growth index grew 5.1% for the month, due to a 6.4% jolt from technology sector stocks....
- Shanghai Composite Index: 1,300 Is Key. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/30/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 20, p4
Reports on the decline of the Shanghai Composite index of China in August 2004. Performance of the stock index between November 2003 and April 2004; Reasons behind the decline in the Shanghai stock market; Forecast on the possibility of another decline.
- Regional: 2008 Market Musings. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/14/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 38, p20
The article forecasts the performance of stock markets worldwide. It has been proven that the Saudi All-Share Index (SASI) is short-lived after it avoided support at 10,400 and closing at 11,643 on January 9, 2008. Israel demonstrated a positive performance as a result of its strong correlation...
- SSA Equities: Caution Warranted. // Emerging Markets Monitor;10/26/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p20
The article presents an outlook for the South African, Mauritian, Nigerian, and Zambian stock markets. The Johannesburg All-Share Index of South Africa has fallen by 0.7 percent in early trading on October 22, 2009, which was considered a worrying signal. The Mauritian SEMDEX has gained 12.5...
- All Change For Shanghai Composite? // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/29/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 32, p4
Reports on the condition of the stock price index at the Shanghai Composite stock market in China as of November 29, 2004. Decrease in the stock index level in April 2004; Factors that contributed to the increased index level; Key index level.
- STOCK MARKET DATA. // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/13/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p24
Presents stock price indexes as of June 2005. Mumbai Sensex in India; ASE Main Index in Jordan; Hermes in Egypt.
- CE Equity Consolidation To Delay Gains. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/18/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p14
The article reports on the performance of the Czech PX and the Hungarian BUX index in May 2009. It is noted that the Czech PX index broke through the downside target at 900 on May 14, but retraced to trade at 910 later in the day. On the other hand, the Hungarian BUX index retraced to trade at...
- Romania: BETTargets Hit, Near-Term Consolidation Expected. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/18/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p15
The article reports on the performance of benchmark equity markets in both Romania and Serbia which posted significant gains in line with analysts' view. It is noted that some consolidation lies ahead for both indices based on technical indicators. The short-term 3,380 target was hit by...
- Fearless investors STORM THE BEACHES of the Gulf. Gordon, Michael // Middle East;Jun2003, Issue 335, p32
The article focuses on the performance of stock exchanges in the Persian Gulf countries during the war between Iraq and the U.S. With the exception of Bahrain, whose stock exchange has been anaemic for years, returns on the Gulf's markets have been remarkable. Since the beginning of the year...