Real-time Right Now
- Seamless Move to Decimals at Issuers. Philpott, Tom // Treasury & Risk Management;Oct2000, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p10
Reports on the New York, American and regional stock exchanges' conversion to decimal quotations. Comparison of trading data of the initial 13 securities for the 15 trading days prior to the August 28, 2000 changeover and the first five days after; Spreads on average on the New York Stock...
- NYSE objects to OptiMark plans in SEC letter. Horowitz, Jed // Investment Dealers' Digest;08/11/97, Vol. 63 Issue 32, p11
Reports on the New York Stock Exchange's (NYSE) objections against Optimark, an electronic crossing system whose equity trades would be automatically executed on the Pacific Exchange (PCX). NYSE's filing with the Securities Exchange Commission calling for the withholding of PCX rules...
- Stepan seeks NYSE listing. // Chemical Week;3/6/96, Vol. 158 Issue 9, p5
Reports on the application of Stepan to transfer its stock listings from American Stock Exchange to the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).
- The causes and consequences of the rise in third market and regional trading. Stoll, Hans R. // Journal of Corporation Law;Spring94, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p509
Examines the causes and consequences of the growth of third market and regional trading in New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) listed stock. Summary of the changes in NYSE Rule 394; Sources of third market trading; Economic and technological reasons for increased competition among trading services;...
- Market Forces. Kosterlitz, Julie // National Journal;2/19/2000, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p528
Highlights the competition between the traditional and electronic stock exchanges in the United States (U.S.). Details on the electronic stock exchanges; Changes sought for the New York Stock Exchange; Role of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and Congress in changes in stock exchanges.
- Bank Equities Short Interest Highlights: New York & American Stock Exchanges. // American Banker;11/2/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 210, p37
Provides information on performance of bank equities in the New York and American stock exchanges as of November 2, 1998. Institutions cited include American Express Co.; AmeriCredit Corp.; CVB Financial Corp.
- Bank/thrift/finance equities short interest for NYSE/AMEX. // American Banker;6/2/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 104, p31
Provides data on bank, thrift and finance institutions equities sold short of interest at the New York Stock Exchange and American Exchange. Institutions; Shares sold short as of May 15, 1997; Unit change from April 15, 1997; Percentage change from April 15, 1997; Average daily trading volume.
- War of Exchanges Over ETFs. Bresiger, Gregory // Traders Magazine;Aug2001, Vol. 14 Issue 186, p24
Reports on the battle of the New York Stock Exchange and the American Stock Exchange over exchange traded funds (ETF). Reason for the suspension of trading fees; Development of the ETF by Amex; Profitability of the ETF business; Approval of the UTPing process.
- Duking it out. Horowitz, Jed // Financial Planning;Apr98, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p81
Discusses how the New York Stock Exchange's (NYSE) proposed changes to Rule 500 can make it easier for companies to defect and for exchanges to get even more aggressive in filching listings. National Association of Securities Dealer's approval of NYSE's plan to ease its onerous delisting;...