The Meat of the Matter
- Xanterra Chooses Sustainability. // Lodging Hospitality;7/1/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 9, p16
This article reports that U.S. lodge operator Xanterra's allegiance to doing the right thing extends to food and beverage, where many of its restaurants have sustainable cuisine offerings, as of July 2004. One example is found at the Water's Edge Dining Room at Maumee Bay State Park Resort in...
- Yellowstone National Park's Concessions Contract Awarded to Xanterra Parks & Resorts. David; Scott, Kay // National Parks Traveler;2/27/2013, p4
The article offers information that Yellowstone National Park awarded contract to Xanterra Parks & Resorts for its majority of the concession business and states new contract would develop Canyon area where a considerable amount of the existing lodging is in bad shape and would be replaced.
- Xanterra Parks & Resorts Retains Concessions On Grand Canyon National Park's South Rim. Repanshek, Kurt // National Parks Traveler;9/10/15, p3
The article reports that the Xanterra Parks & Resorts has won a 15-year contract to continue managing the bulk of lodging and dining concessions on the South Rim of Grand Canyon National Park/El Tovar Hotel in Arizona.
- Xanterra lands Grand Canyon deal extension. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management Exclusive Insight;9/11/2015, p1
The article reports that Xanterra Parks & Resorts has granted an 15-year contract extension to continue operating the primary concessions at Grand Canyon National Park in Arizona on the basis of the relationship between them since when restaurant Fred Harvey Co. began operating in Grand Canyon.
- Not Too Early To Reserve Your Winter Vacation In Yellowstone National Park. // National Parks Traveler;9/12/2012, p1
The article discusses the availability of the Frosty Fun at Old Faithful package and the snowmobile-based Trail of the Wolf packages, the two Frosty Fun packages, offered by Xanterra Parks and Resorts.
- Xanterra leaves smaller trace. // Sustainable Industries;Jul2010, Issue 89, p12
The article discusses efforts by Xanterra Parks and Resorts, the largest national and state park manager in the U.S., to combat the impacts of climate change.
- Windstar Cruises' owner purchases Seabourn ships. // International Cruise & Ferry Review;Spring/Summer2013, p28
The article reports on Xanterra Parks and Resorts' agreement to buy the Seabourn ships Legend, Pride and Spirit, which will be incorporated into Xanterra's Windstar cruise ship fleet in the Mediterranean in April 2014 as part of the Global Windstar project.
- Amfac Becomes Xanterra Parks & Resorts. // Lodging Hospitality;5/15/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p15
Reports on the change in the name of Denver, Colorado-based Amfac Parks & Resorts to Xanterra Parks & Resorts as of May 2002. Implication of the name Xanterra on the company; Origin of the name; Contract signed by Xanterra to manage services at Crater Lake National Park in Oregon.
- National parks are Xanterra's turf. Peterson, Eric // ColoradoBiz;Nov2002, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p14
Reports that the management of national parks in the United States is Xanterra Inc.'s line of business. Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency; Changes which reduced pollution and tempered energy consumption; Drop-off in visitation at national parks after the September 11, 2001...