A Night Out at NYU
- EVENTS CATERER. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;7/29/2004, Vol. 193 Issue 4334, p14
Presents the schedule of catering events in England from August 4, 2004 to October 3, 2004. Rollover National Hot Dog Day at the Colchester Zoo in Essex; Masterclass: Recruitment and Retention at the Savoy Hotel in London; British Cheese Awards at the Bienheim Palace in Oxfordshire.
- Global Culinary Expedition explores Latin American cuisine. Thorn, Bret // Nation's Restaurant News;10/1/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 39, p130
The article discusses highlights of the Global Culinary Expedition, which explored Latin American cuisine. Topics discussed at the event include Arabic influences in Mexican food, the finer points of Puerto Rican cuisine and the qualities to look for when choosing pasilla chiles. The educational...
- NYU board-plan adds tri-concept. // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p29
Reports that Weinstein dorm, a board-plan dining hall at the New York University will debut the concept called Harvest Market on February 1997. Features of Harvest Market's three-in-one concept.
- Community Access gala. WHITE, RENEE MINUS // New York Amsterdam News;6/16/2011, Vol. 102 Issue 24, p18
The article offers information on the 2011 Community Access (CA) gala at New York University's (NYU) Kimmel Center for University Life, in New York City, on May 19. The event included a live jazz performance and CA's video presentation. CA, one of the oldest and largest nonprofit organizations...
- Honoring A Prince. // Live Design;Jun2007, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p17
The article provides information on "Live Design" Honors, which recognize The Design Aesthetic of Hal Prince, held at the Kimmel Center at New York University on May 15, 2007. The event pays tribute to a group of individuals and the collaborative spirit of the designers who work to create...
- GOOD FOOD/BAD FOOD: THE HOW-TO'S OF WORKING WITH CATERERS. Stroope, Claire Jolley // Special Events;Aug2004, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p33
Focuses on the significance of a good working relationship with caterers in organizing special events. Considerations in handling the food and beverage unit of events; Importance of getting information on the scope of operations of caterers; Implications of attending to details in service...
- INDEPENDENT CATERERS. Panza, Katherine // San Diego Business Journal;6/20/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p18
Presents a chart depicting independent caterers ranked by gross catering sales for fiscal 2004 in San Diego, California. Gross food and beverage sales of the caterers; Number of full-service events catered; Executive chefs and principal owners of the catering businesses.
- Chicago chefs cook up interest in Green City Market at barbecue. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/16/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 33, p98
Reports on the highlights of the 2004 Market Chef BBQ event in Chicago, Illinois hosted by the local chapter of the women's organization Les Dames d'Escoffier. Provision of high-quality, locally-grown, sustainable and organic foods; Participation of more than 20 women cooks; Names of the...
- Chefs, owners reveal their 2016 resolutions. Barrett, Liz // Restaurant Hospitality Exclusive Insight;12/16/2015, p1
The article presents resolution of several chefs and owners for 2016 including Ben Sabouri, owner of MTO Cafe; Jason Dady, chef and restaurateur of the Jason Dady Restaurant Group in San Antonio and Cecilio Rodriguez, executive chef at Beef and Barley in Chicago. Sabouri wants to take the team...