Spreading the Word
- Mangia Man. King, Paul // FoodService Director;4/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p16
The article profiles Stu Orefice, the director of dining services at Princeton University. He earned his Bachelor of Science in hotel and restaurant administration from Cornell University Born in Eastchester, New York. Aside from being a dining service director, Orefice also serves as shot clock...
- Foodservice talent will be rightly recognised. MANZOORI-STAMFORD, JANIE // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;7/26/2013, Vol. 203 Issue 4786, p5
The article presents the author's views on the 30th annual Foodservice Cateys awards which will be attended by the employees of contract catering from Great Britain.
- Is customer happiness your priority? DeLuca, Michael // Restaurant Hospitality;Jun96, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p26
Editorial. Narrates author's experience with food service employees' who neglects customer satisfaction. Customer service from a sandwich kiosk in a New York airport terminal; Suggestion for food service employee manuals to include customer satisfaction on employees' responsibilities; Author's...
- Acorn winners 2003. Druce, Chris // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/24/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4269, p18
Presents information on the employees of the catering sector who received the 2003 Acorn Awards of the 'Caterer & Hotelkeeper' magazine. Andrew Aston; Kate Beckham; Craig Boughton; Mark Buley.
- Doin' the Lambeth lunch. Mullen, Rosalind // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/14/2007, Vol. 197 Issue 4480, p17
This article presents information on Harrison Catering Services, with specific reference to the characteristics of its workforce at Lambeth, London, England. It is highlighted that Harrison Catering staff try to reflect different cultures of the local children in the range and variety of dishes...
- Labor: Costs up 7.5% as fsds strive to retain staff. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p62
Looks at the performance of self-operating foodservice in colleges in the United States as of 1999. Labor costs; How colleges address the problem of labor shortage; Student employees employed by the University of Connecticut in Storrs; Incentive programs; Wage.
- Caterers say employees hard to find, hard to keep. Hall, Jesse // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);02/28/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 36, p27
Reports on the labor shortage within the catering industry in New Orleans, Louisiana. Factors attributing to the current labor shortage in such industry sector; Difficulty of local caterers in filing up key positions; Disadvantages posed by the labor shortage for local catering businesses.
- COMPETITIONS ROUND-UP. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;8/21/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4287, p12
Presents news briefs on several competitions in catering in Great Britain as of August 2003. Selection of chefs and waiters who will go forward to the regional finals of the 2003 Young Chef Young Waiter competition; Details on the competition for the 2003 Spam Chef of the Year; Recipients of...
- You must talk to each other, Chapman tells conference. Afiya, Amanda // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/24/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4269, p6
Reports on the comments of restaurateur and hotelier Kit Chapman at the 2003 Caterer and Hotelkeeper Chef Conference in London, England, on the importance of a good relationship between chefs and front house staff. Effect of the poor relationship between chefs and front house staff on the...