- Free dorm room-if you're willing to wait. // Christian Science Monitor;9/11/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 201, p20
Discusses a shortage of student campus housing at Dartmouth College, and how freshmen there may defer their first year in return for free housing for a year.
- Dartmouth, a counterpoint. GINSBERG, JOHANNA // New Jersey Jewish News;9/24/2015, Vol. 69 Issue 39, p13
The article reports that Jewish orthodox students at the Dartmouth College in Hanover, New Hampshire, have been pressing the administrators for providing better kosher food, than the glatt kosher standard that is being offered as it discourages the religious Jews from applying to Dartmouth.
- Overcoming the trend away from the sciences. // Liberal Education;May/Jun91, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p64
Focuses on the Women in Science Project (WISP) which offers internship to women students in biology, biochemistry and other science courses at Dartmouth College in Hanover, New Hampshire. Founding of WISP by Karen Wetterhahn and Carol Muller; Funding sources; WISP's focus on first-year women;...
- 'Mardi Gras of the North'. Collins, Jim // Yankee;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p74
The article presents information on the annual winter carnival, organized by the Dartmouth College students in New England. It provides information on the history and how the carnival got its name "the Mardi Gras of the North." It mentions the various activities that are organized during the...
- From this end. Testa, Randy // Independent School;Winter2000, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p56
Reflects on the attitudes and behavior of students of Dartmouth College in Hanover, New Hampshire. Fraternities and sororities in Dartmouth; Unruly behavior of students belonging to fraternities and sororities; Factors behind such behavior of students.
- Colleges Consider Drastic Measures To Limit Misbehavior by Students. // Women in Higher Education (10608303);Jan2013, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p6
The article focuses on the new policies and programs considered by several colleges to restrain student misbehavior on campus including Trinity College, University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, and Dartmouth College.
- The Brain Drain. Albernaz, Ami // Science & Spirit;May/Jun2004, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p20
Discusses a Dartmouth College study that finds that white college students with racial biases showed reduced cognitive ability after a conversation with a black person in Hanover, New Hampshire. Brain activity in the region linked with self-control; Use of the Implicit Association Test; Link...
- Behind the Green Curtain. // National Review;10/16/1981, Vol. 33 Issue 20, p1183
The article comments on the alleged move by the administration of the Dartmouth College in Hanover, New Hampshire to ask its employees and faculty not to talk to "The Dartmouth Review," a student newspaper. The student newspaper is described as conservative in its political stands. It explains...
- DARTMOUTH. A.W. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/15/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 80, THE COLLEGE ISSUE p22
Describes the fashion preferences of students at Dartmouth College. Importance of comfortable shoes; Consideration of the frigid climate; Use of cashmere.