1988 Again? Yes and No
- Technology: Owners Are Catching Up. Atkinson, William // Food Management;Oct2006 Supplement, p9
The article provides information on the increasing number of food service operators in the U.S. which adopt a sophisticated technology for their business processes. These businesses realize the benefits of such technology and gain greater comfort in using the Internet. The most popular is the...
- The State of the Plate 2008. // FoodService Director;3/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p24
This article discusses the results of the 2008 Menu Development Survey conducted by the journal "Food Service Director." The survey indicated that the depth and breadth of ethnic foods is having a major impact on most operators' menu planning. It also found that display cooking stations have...
- Foodservice profits, made-to-order. Dwyer, Steve // Prepared Foods;Jul98, Vol. 167 Issue 7, p37
Focuses on how to boost profits in the foodservice industry. Commercial and non-commercial sides of foodservice channels; Challenge for foodservice purveyors; Importance of technological innovation in the foodservice industry.
- 2009 Menu Development Survey. King, Paul // FoodService Director;3/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p26
The article discusses highlights of the 2009 Menu Development survey compiled by "FoodService Director." It showed that 24% listed Thai as the hottest ethnic cuisine, while 14% listed Mediterranean/Greek as the hottest, followed by Indian, with 8%. Latino moves to the top of the list when it...
- Portability On The Menu. King, Paul // FoodService Director;9/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p26
The article reveals that portability continues to be a big part of most foodservice operators' business in the U.S., according to the 2007 FoodService Director Study on Portability. Although the overall percentage of operators surveyed who say they offer portable menu items in their dining...
- NEW AND NOTEWORTHY. Nerenberg, Kate // Washingtonian Magazine;Jul2009, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p140
A review is offered for several restaurants including Italian Pizza Kitchen, Hell Point Seafood and Bayou Bakery, located in the U.S.
- All Souped Up! Friedland, Ann // Food Management;Sep2003, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p36
Focuses on the importance of soup to an onsite menu mix according to food operators in the U.S. Percentage of sales of the soup in the cafeteria; Demands from patients in hospitals for a soup daily; Suggestion of soups from the chefs.
- FOOD & BEVERAGE DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/16/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p30
The article presents news briefs related to food and beverage industry in the U.S. Olive Garden in Florida is offering two stuffed-shells dishes through February 12, 2006. The shells are stuffed with a blend of ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan and Romano cheeses, spinach and parsley. Starwich is...
- Ahead of the pack. // Food & Drink Technology;Mar2010, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p30
The article reports on the popularity of the modified atmosphere packaging (MAP) in the food industry in Great Britain. It mentions that the MAP has encouraged the food manufacturers and packagers to create solutions on how to deliver food products with the latest technology. It states that the...