Gannon grabs relief
- Campus deli grabs more to-go sales. // FoodService Director;5/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p6
The article reports that Columbia University dining services Uris Deli and Ferris Booth Fresh are expecting to increase their sales at a delivery in the business school, due to the launch of an upscale grab-and-go program. Everyday the restaurants offer six to eight salad choices and 10 to 12...
- Gannon Gets It. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;12/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p22
Focuses on the impact of renovations on the sales of the foodservice operations at the Gannon University in Erie, Pennsylvania. Remarks from Pete Mannarelli, general manager for Metz & Associates at the university, on the renovation; Changes underwent by the campus cafeteria; Theme of the...
- Top-movers on campus. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p66
Reports on the popularity of paninis or deli sandwiches in colleges and universities in the U.S. as of August 2002. Options of sandwiches offered at Columbia University in New York City; Basic sandwiches and wraps offered daily at the International Cafe in Pennsylvania College of Technology;...
- Study Examines College Dining Habits. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;4/27/2012, p3
The article reports on the findings of a study conducted by the Mintel Organization which investigated dining habits in college campuses. Findings showed that 72% of college students who have dined on a college campus have done so in the cafeteria, whereas 65% who have done so at a cafe,...
- Dining Together, Apart. Reill, Howard // FoodService Director;4/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p52
The article talks about Ohio State University's (OSU) strategy to take food to the masses on its vast campus includes offering pizza, wings and sandwich concepts with delivery service for all residence hall students. The 40-seat outlet located in the Drake Union is called The PAD or Pizza At...
- Demo cooking livens salads. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p84
Reports on salad offerings in some colleges and universities in the United States. Information on General's Chicken Salad at Washington & Lee University in Lexington, Virginia; Top selling salad at the University of Maine in Orono; Alternative to chicken ingredient.
- Adding more fusion flavors. Hirschfield, Jeff // FoodService Director;06/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p122
Focuses on the increased sophistication of salad menus served in university cafeterias in the United States. Addition of ethnic dressings and ingredients; Combination of salad and protein dishes; Provision of individual unit variations in salad bars; Serving of several salad entrees every week.
- Creating specialty items. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;01/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p110
Focuses on wraps and sandwich trends in food services at colleges and universities in the United states. Details on five types of sandwiches offered by Harvard University's Crimson Catering; Brief details on various varieties wraps are available in; Which wraps are more popular; Comments from...
- DELI GROWS IN CAMPUS REC CENTER. // FoodService Director;10/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p6
Provides information on a deli called Sidelines opened by the food service team at the University of North Texas in Denton in August 2003. Sales performance of the deli; Types of sandwiches served at Sidelines; Other food items offered at the deli.