- Hot Potato in the School Cafeteria. Beem, Kate // School Administrator;Sep2004, Vol. 61 Issue 8, p34
Discusses the increasing number of school districts in the U.S. that are using the services of food service contract management companies. Reason behind the trend; Estimated number of food service management companies that operate in schools in the U.S. in 2000; Factors that affect the...
- IN LOS ANGELES SCHOOLS: Vended milk in bottles selling out daily. // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p5
Reports on the selection of schools within Los Angeles Unified School District for the test of milk vending machines as an alternative to sodas in California. Reason for the test; Profitability potential of the machines; Nutrition efforts of the school district.
- REGARDLESS OF INCOME: Hillsborough district adds free b'fast to 34 schools. // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the addition of schools to the Hillsborough County School District's universal breakfast program in 2001 in Tampa, Florida. Reason for the expansion of the program; Food served at the breakfast program.
- 2002 REPORT: School food buying stays flat; avg. meal cost is 97Â¢. // FoodService Director;7/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p37
Highlights the FoodService Director's annual School Industry Census Report, which focused on food purchases at school districts in the U.S. during the 2001-2002 academic year. Percentage of capital equipment and supplies purchased; Projected food expenditures for 2002-2003; Average cost of...
- MODELS NEEDED: Produce pilots steer way to higher FFV consumption. // FoodService Director;10/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p10
Reports on an increase in fruit and vegetable consumption by school children in Florida due to the Eat Your Colors Every Day Salad Options Pilot Project launched by several school districts in the state. Plans for the expansion of the project to several states; Statistical data on the average...
- Report: Fla. School Meal Program Funds Dwindling. // Food Management;Mar2009, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p15
The article focuses on the report compiled by the Florida Legislature Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability, claiming that the financial condition of school district food service programs in Florida is mixed. It is cited that almost one half have experienced significant...
- Spicing Up Breakfast. // FoodService Director;2/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p10
The article discusses the lessons learned by Jean Ronnei, director of nutrition and commercial services at Saint Paul Public Schools in Minnesota, regarding the expansion of the Breakfast to Go (B2G) program, a breakfast in the classroom program. Ronnei suggests that school districts should...
- 2010 School District Report. // FoodService Director;2/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p68
The article presents statistics on a variety of topics related to food services in school districts in the U.S. including student participation in breakfast and lunch, percentage of meals served each day, and the statistical findings of the 2009 School District Census Report.
- Schools must Ask About Meals. // Food Management;Nov2004, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p23
The article focuses on various aspects related to meals for school children in Vermont. Referring to a state law of 2003, requiring those without lunch or breakfast programs to bring up the issue in their communities, 22 schools in Vermont began offering in-school meals"mostly breakfasts"for the...