Marine museum blends culinary, military history
- UNION BLASTS MUSEUM-MCD'S DEAL. // FoodService Director;9/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p26
Reports on criticisms from food service employees at the Smithsonian Institution's National Air and Space Museum cafeteria in Washington, D.C. against the latter's contract with McDonald's. Information on the termination of the cafeteria's contract with Guest Services Inc.; Details on the...
- Leon Williams. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;3/13/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p46
The article profiles Leon Williams, a mess hall attendant at ServiceSource Network in Washington D.C. He was a former member of the U.S. Marine Corps who served from 1970 until he was discharged with honors in 1973. Williams has bipolar disorders characterized by alternating episodes of mania...
- GUEST SVCS. DEBUTS F/COURT TRIO. // FoodService Director;4/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p18
Looks at the home-grown concepts added to the foodcourts of Guest Services Incorporated. Signature breakfast item of Hot Java; Menu features of the Pistachios; Array of carvery items at Caesar's Corner.
- A blow for freedom of choice on the hill! Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Jul98, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p39
Provides information on the food court on Longworth Office Building managed by the Guest Services company. Description of the food court; Services and foods offered; Details on the operation of the food court.
- AND CONSOLIDATE CONTRACTS: MARINES TO OUTSOURCE. // FoodService Director;04/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p5
Reports that the United States Marine Corps is consolidating several food service contracts that cover garrison feeding at its bases and stations and replace traditional cook-serve production with centralized cook-chill systems. Number of its bases and stations; Purpose of the consolidation.
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/19/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p22
Reports on developments relating to food service and restaurant businesses in the U.S. as of January 19, 2004. US Airways' offering of meals from Wolfgang Puck Express; Deals signed by Guest Services Inc.; Selection of Aramark to manage foodservice for Scott & White Healthcare System based in...
- Armed for success: Sodexho opens USMC retail ops. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;12/15/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 50, p22
In September, 2002 Sodexho was awarded a 10 years contract to manage several food service facilities at Miramar Marine Corps Air Station, North of San Diego. The deal, which includes two five-year renewal clauses, covers two food courts, two clubs, a pizza restaurant, a golf course restaurant...
- DIFFERENT FROM OTHER N/C SEGMENTS: MARINE CORPS MESSHALLS DEMAND SPECIAL TREATMENT FROM CONTRACTOR. // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p8
Discusses several factors differentiating foodservice management in the United States Marine Corps and military from other market segments. Food service distribution; Preparation of food under the guidelines stipulated in the Armed Forces Recipe Card Service; Lack of revenue-generating...
- New Capitol CafÃ© a Success. // FoodService Director;3/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p14
This article reports on the success of the cafeteria at the capitol building of Virginia in 2008. After more than a month in operation, the cafeteria is showing signs of success. Guest Services Inc. took over the account in November 2007. Corporate Executive Chef Claude Broome said the biggest...