School tests vended lunch
- California Schools Getting More Vending Machines. // Dairy Foods;Oct2003, Vol. 104 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the funds provided by the U.S. Department of Agriculture for availability of flavored milk through vending machines in various high schools in California. Provision of low fat to double chocolate; Number of vending machines; Importance of vending machines as marketing tool of dairy...
- And Who Spends Revenues: Florida schools address vending machine rules. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p5
Focuses on the issue of whether vending machines will be available to high school students all day in Florida. Effects of the vending machines on food service operators of the schools; Proceeds of revenues from the vending machines.
- Global Trends. O'Donnell, Claudia D. // Prepared Foods;Oct2011, Vol. 180 Issue 10, p13
The article discusses the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) GAIN report "Japan Food Trends-March 2011," which notes the importance of vending machines in Japan.
- IN FLA. HIGH SCHOOL: VENDING EASES CROWDS. // FoodService Director;12/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p6
Reports the installation of a cold food vending machine in Santaluces High School in Lantana, Florida, to ease crowding in the school dining room. Sales of the vending machine; Plan if the vending program is successful.
- School lunch and snacking patterns among high school students: Associations with school food environment and policies. Neumark-Sztainer, Dianne; French, Simone A.; Hannan, Peter J.; Story, Mary; Fulkerson, Jayne A. // International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition & Physical Activit;2005, Vol. 2, p14
Objectives: This study examined associations between high school students' lunch patterns and vending machine purchases and the school food environment and policies. Methods: A randomly selected sample of 1088 high school students from 20 schools completed surveys about their lunch practices and...
- Best Customer Services Concept: SMART Lunch. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management Exclusive Insight;8/25/2015, p1
The article reports on implementation of customer food service concept SMART Lunch at the Dickinson High School in Dickinson, North Dakota. Topics discussed include increase in lunch participation, availability of prepackaged meal, beverages and condiments for students, preparation of meal with...
- Star chefs create vended school lunches. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management Exclusive Insight;8/11/2015, p1
The article reports that celebrity chefs has created school lunches for Edgewater High School students in Orlando, Florida to be dispensed at vending machines as part of the program of the nonprofit organization Feed More Kids. Topics discussed include the use of vending machines to promote...
- PACKAGING IS KEY TO HOT FOOD SALES: VENDING HEATS UP. Wolson, Shelley // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p100
Reports on the popularity of vended hot food products in the U.S. as of July 15, 2002. Food items used by Automatic Chef Co.; Features of Hot Choice vending machines; Remarks from Dennis Plaster, vending supervisor for Ft. Hood military base in Killeen, Texas on how the hot food vending machine...
- `Out-of-service' time reductions: Break-downs. Lackey, G.E. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p216
Reports on the impact of vending machine breakdowns on food service operations. Vending machines' integration of electronic technology; Downtime reduction in vending machine servicing; Sales effect of broken vending machines.