Full Speed Ahead
- The castle opens its door to Fairfield County. Toth, David // Fairfield County Business Journal;4/25/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 17, p18
The article informs that Saint Clements Castle has decided to open its door to Fairfield County, Connecticut. The decision of constructing a new inn was taken after doing a market survey of 50 meeting planners from major companies in Fairfield County. The construction of the new inn comes on the...
- How Much Is Your Meeting Worth? Kovaleski, Dave // Association Meetings;Jun2004, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p14
Provides information on the revenue management used by hotels in evaluating business meetings. Concept of revenue management according to Shelley McLoughlin, national sales manager of Conferon Global Services; Criteria considered by hotel sales person in assessing meetings; Importance of...
- Tackling the RevPAR Equation. Goldberg, James M. // Association Meetings;Apr2008, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p37
The article discusses the Revenue Per Available Room or RevPAR, a key financial measure of a property's performance. The financial measure refers to the amount of money that each room in a hotel generates on a nightly, weekly, or monthly basis. The role of food-and-beverage expenditures in...
- Sorry, You Walk. Hilliard, Tyra W. // Association Meetings;Aug2004, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p53
Suggests a negotiating strategy with hotels concerning room accommodation for attendees of a meeting. Concept of yield management in hotels; Result of specifying that the hotel will pay a set amount of money per room for any group room that it walks; Details of a clause that a meeting planner...
- Help for Small Meetings. Andelman, Bob // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Dec2003, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p23
Provides the services provided by major domestic hotel companies for small meetings in the U.S. Room rates of Crowne Plaza Hotels; Approach of sales representatives at Fairmont Hotels; Sales contact of Hyatt Hotels for small meeting planner.
- Must-Have Info for Rooming Lists. Kustwan, Mark // Association Meetings Exclusive Insight;11/1/2011, p5
A list of information that meeting and event organizers should include in their rooming lists is presented which include the last and first names of attendees, arrival date and arrival time.
- Going Green Can Help Hotels Gain Meeting Business. // AirGuide Online.com;3/15/2010, p3
The article reports on the initiative taken by the meeting planners on the environmental friendliness of hotels.
- City Meetings: A Planner's Guide. Kelito, Larry // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;May2006, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p18
The article presents some tips for veteran meeting planners for finding hotel space at a reasonable rate. If the conference group is large, one should not be shy about putting pressure on a hotel. One should ask high-demand major city hotels about room availability during their shoulder season....
- Central contact point for meeting planners. Mewis, Dirk // Tagungs-Wirtschaft;Feb2012, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p39
The article focuses on the NÃ¼rnbergConvention Center in Nuremberg, Germany as the central contact point for meeting planners. NÃ¼rnbergMesse, NÃ¼rnbergConvention Center and the Congress- und Tourismuszentrale NÃ¼rnberg (CTZ) will cooperate under the NÃ¼rnberg Convention brand. The new...