Where Are All the Women Speakers?
- cheap talk. // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Jun2003, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p18
Advises business meeting planners on saving funds by hiring a speaker that has just recently made a name instead of a popular expert in the field. Difference of the fee charged by a seasoned speaker and a neophyte.
- Commentary: EventCamp Must Keep Evolving. Beer, Mitchell // Association Meetings Exclusive Insight;2/14/2011, p1
The author offers advice on how EventCamp conferences can improve on what they have achieved. She says that after the second EventCamp National Conference held in Chicago, Illinois in February 2012, EventCamp should focus on why a meeting planner might choose a particular technique. She adds...
- MLC Annual Meeting. // State Government News;May2003, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p37
Reports on the Midwestern Legislative Conference Annual Meeting that will be held in August 2003. Speakers at the conference.
- Breaking the gender barrier in the physical sciences. Rop, Charles // Educational Leadership;Dec97/Jan98, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p58
Addresses pedagogy and classroom culture in giving girls more positive experiences in the physical sciences and to encourage them to pursue science careers. Differences in the academic achievements of male and female students; Suggestions for creating a supportive atmosphere which is vital in...
- Gaining strength. // New Hampshire Business Review;8/6/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p7A
Reports on the hold of Strong Women Saturday in Boston, Massachusetts. Design of the conference to give women in the region a chance to discover new strategies to tackle stress and other problems; Host of the event; Speakers during the event.
- Public Notices. // Westchester County Business Journal;4/4/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 14, p52
Presents calendar of events that lists various lectures and seminars in different industries in New York from April 8 to April 14, 2005. Location of the Westchester Community College Foundation celebrity salon event; Speakers for the Author Colman McCarthy lectures, on peacemaking in the time of...
- Events. // Public Finance;9/2/2005, p34
Lists several events relevant to public finance in Great Britain from September 2005 to October 2005. Congresses and conventions; Lectures; Meetings.
- Rolling Branch Calendar 2007. // Biologist;May2007, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p114
A calendar of events for Great Britain biologists is presented. An open meeting entitled "Life as a zoo vet: from ants to elephants," to be hosted Jonathan Cracknell, will be held on November 15, 2007 at Royal Veterinary College London. The Forensic Analysis conference will be held on September...
- CALENDAR. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/15/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 47, p20
Presents a calendar of events on seminars, lectures, meetings and conferences on the community of Grand Rapids, Michigan as of November-December 2004.