What It Takes to Get Hotel Space
- Properties to Watch in 2007. // Financial & Insurance Meetings;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p10
The article offers information on several hotels that provide meeting facilities. Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Villag in California offers a television studio and a diagnostic health and wellness facility. The Ritz-Carlton hotel in Palm Beach, Florida added a 28,000-square-foot Grand Spa. Casa de...
- Special Venues. // Insurance Conference Planner;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p74
Provides information on several venues that could host events and meetings for groups in the U.S. South Carolina Aquarium; North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences; The Matthews House in Cary, North Carolina; Beaufort Inn in South Carolina.
- Six New Ideas for the New Year. Baraban, Regina // Financial & Insurance Meetings;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p6
The article offers advice for financial and insurance meeting planners on improving their professional careers. Such employees, especially in the field of meeting management, are advised to take ownership of their jobs. The author also recommends to try a new or newly renovated hotel for meeting...
- MIRANDA KENNETT. // Management Today;Dec2014, Issue 12, p68
The article presents advice on how to conduct an effective meeting such as the establishment of the purpose of the meeting, identification of the key attendees, and the best time and place for the meeting, among others.
- With off-site meetings, venues matter. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;2/7/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p22
The article focuses on the things to be considered when choosing a good venue when hosting business meetings which include cost, adequacy of appropriate technology, and room layout.
- Hotels' Secrets for Setting Room Rates. Kustwan, Mark // Association Meetings Exclusive Insight;1/4/2012, p1
This article presents tips for meeting planners on negotiating hotel room rates. One must consider other areas where reduction of overall expenses may be achieved without affecting the quality of the program. Factors that may affect a salesperson's initial proposal are dates, room type, meeting...
- Hotels go hi-tech for convenience. Yabut-Razon, Emilie // CEI Asia;Feb2014, p44
The article offers information on several hotels in Hong Kong, China that organises meetings and activities through smartphone apps and mobile check-ins. Topics discussed include the iClub Sheung Wan Hotel, the Mira Hong Kong, and the Hotel ICON. Also mentioned are hotels that completed...
- Starwood's Day Meetings Solution. // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Dec2005, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p23
The article presents information about the suggestion for day meetings given by Starwood International Hotels and Resorts. Starwood launched an online booking tool called Meetings in a Moment in January 2005. This tool lets the planners reserve the meeting space, food and beverages, and other...
- Deal or No Deal? // Medical Meetings;May2008, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p39
The article offers ideas on negotiating hotel contracts for meetings. Before negotiating a contract, meeting planners are advised to market their meeting, gather information about the preferred venue and set priorities. When negotiating, planners can either start discussing the most important...