Six New Ideas for the New Year
- Deal or No Deal? // Medical Meetings;May2008, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p39
The article offers ideas on negotiating hotel contracts for meetings. Before negotiating a contract, meeting planners are advised to market their meeting, gather information about the preferred venue and set priorities. When negotiating, planners can either start discussing the most important...
- Seller's Market Heats Up. // Association Meetings;Feb2006, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p10
Discusses the challenges facing meeting planners in the U.S. in 2006. Increase in hotel occupancy rates; Availability of hotels; Reason for the increasing hotel rates; Revenue posted by the lodging industry in 2005; Predicted profits for hotel companies in 2006.
- How to Clean Up Costs in Europe. Zusi, Carolyn // Association Meetings;Feb2006, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p35
Discusses ways to cut costs when meeting overseas, especially in Europe. Use global or international sales offices to save time when it comes to contract negotiations with hotels; Importance of setting budget and guidelines; Need to ask for pricing when having flexible dates; Advantage of...
- Overview of an Effective Staff Meeting. Wiggins, Marquita // Dermatology Nursing;Feb2008, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p69
The article provides tips on how to conduct an effective staff meeting. According to the author, the agenda must be sent to the meeting participants in advance and must include the meeting purpose. The room layout of the venue of the meeting must be taken into consideration. The leader must have...
- Creating an Effective Online Automated Group and Meeting Strategy. Helsel, Caryl; Cullen, Kathleen // Hospitality Upgrade;Fall2006, p154
The article provides information on creating an effective online automated group and meeting strategy for the hospitality industry. The industry as a whole has recognized the need to streamline the group and meeting research and planning processes to make it more efficient for both the hotels...
- Georgia & the Carolinas. Carstens, Kay // Insurance Conference Planner;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p71
Focuses on venues offered by Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina for meeting planners, as of January 2005. Plans of a Dutch billionaire for the construction of a convention hotel at the Georgia International Convention Center; Possible reasons behind the inability of North Carolina to...
- Sexiest Job in America? How About Meeting Planner. Kovaleski, Dave // Association Meetings;Apr2005, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p92
Reports that meeting or event planning is the fourth sexiest job in the U.S. according to a survey conducted by compensation data provider Salary.com in 2005. Other jobs mentioned in the survey; Median salary of meeting planners.
- More Venues, More Value. // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Mar2005 Supplement, Vol. 24, p44
The article presents information on the luxurious hotels in Las Vegas, Nevada. Experienced meeting planners know that the value offered in Las Vegas extends beyond its famous Strip. Luxurious, amenity-laden resorts are nestled around town in the nearby communities of Lake Las Vegas, Henderson...
- The Meeting Organizer and the Room Block. // Association Meetings Exclusive Insight;5/16/2012, p1
The article focuses on the best practices for planners of association meetings to maintain room blocks for their events.